Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WIP: Mandatum — A desktop application to control the Tello.

Token Chingy

Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hello everyone!

I've had the Tello for a few weeks now, and have been playing with it on-off when time permits. I personally don't like controlling it from my iPhone and would much prefer a "Mission Control" like desktop application to do so but I couldn't immediately find anything so... I made my own.

It's not complete yet, it's quite lacking as you have to manually enter in the commands via the console, but if you're curious and would like to follow the progress, you can by taking a look at the source code found here: https://github.com/TokenChingy/mandatum. To compile it, you will need NodeJS and NPM, I'll be providing pre-compiled releases once I feel it's ready to release.

I have more plans for Mandatum, such as implementing SLAM and autonomous flight, swarm mode, and other fun features.

I hope everyone enjoys and finds this useful.

Update: There is very basic Xbox One controller mappings, basically x/y directional movement is mapped to the left analogue stick, and throttle/yaw is mapped to the right analog stick. Might work for other gamepads, I’m not sure, I only own an Xbox one controller.

Hi,
thank you, it's very interesting.
I'm not so good with java, but I would like to try your software and try to understand it.
Can you tell me what I have to compile to run it?
I have installed noteJS and NPM.
Thank you

Hello everyone!

I've had the Tello for a few weeks now, and have been playing with it on-off when time permits. I personally don't like controlling it from my iPhone and would much prefer a "Mission Control" like desktop application to do so but I couldn't immediately find anything so... I made my own.

It's not complete yet, it's quite lacking as you have to manually enter in the commands via the console, but if you're curious and would like to follow the progress, you can by taking a look at the source code found here: https://github.com/TokenChingy/mandatum. To compile it, you will need NodeJS and NPM, I'll be providing pre-compiled releases once I feel it's ready to release.

I have more plans for Mandatum, such as implementing SLAM and autonomous flight, swarm mode, and other fun features.

I hope everyone enjoys and finds this useful.

Great!!!
I studied a little bit and now it works!!!
I have to practice with sdk commands.
Only a question, I have an xbox wireless controller connected to pc with usb radio interface, can I use it with your software? Thank you!

Great!!!
I studied a little bit and now it works!!!
I have to practice with sdk commands.
Only a question, I have an xbox wireless controller connected to pc with usb radio interface, can I use it with your software? Thank you!
OK i tryed with my controller it works great!!!
Thank you very much for your job!
I'll be waiting for more implementations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv