Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Xiaomi WIFI Repeater 2 Set Up HELP

The gadgetman you tube video on setting up the tello with WiFi extender uses an iPhone. worked for me. Hope this helps
Nick, MOST of it was working for me - except (adding) my device. My device connects, Message is sent to device, but the THIRD part - connecting to (my Tello's network) times out about ten seconds too soon! Any ideas? ANYONE?

I'm writing this as advice (based on an experience) for Xiaomi Mi Wifi 2 Repeater users. I live in the city between 2 no-fly zones, and don't get to fly that much. So every two weeks or so I practice run on all my drones (I have six) at home indoors. Yesterday I set up my Tello with the Xioami MI 2 - and got no connection! I had to completely reinstall the connection using the Mi Home app (which has very recently been updated). I currently use two Xioami Mi 2 Repeaters, one for the Tello and a second one for a cute little drone that fits in my shirt pocket, the Eachine Windmill E014. (The Xioami can only be connected to one drone, so I have one Xioami for each drone). As I have said, the connection between the Tello and the Xioami vanished, I don't know how, and I had to reinstall. So my advice is that if you are going to fly a Tello (or any other drone that employs the Xiaomi) - set it up at home first to ensure that the connection exists - reinstalling in the field can be a nuisance.

Mr. Reiss,
Would you be so kind as to post YOUR step-by-step instructions for adding Tello to Xiaomi? I keep having problems trying to add my Tello Network to my Repeater. perhaps I'm doing it wrong, but I've tried to follow the Gadgetguy on YouTube & AnarchE's method here & keep falling short!
Thanx,
Mrstacey

Nick, MOST of it was working for me - except (adding) my device. My device connects, Message is sent to device, but the THIRD part - connecting to (my Tello's network) times out about ten seconds too soon! Any ideas? ANYONE?
The blue light should still show up on the repeater and you should be able to connect to the repeater's network manually and successfully get a video feed in the Tello app (or your app of choice)
Seems like the Mi Home app is just failing because it can't detect an Internet connection. The instructions in the app even say to make sure the router is connected to internet. But as long as the blue light shows up on the extender, you should be good to go.
Always make sure you turn the tello on before the repeater though. Otherwise the repeater will go to yellow blinking light and won't connect to the Tello. Possibly it will make another connection attempt after a while, but it won't connect immediately like it does if it finds the Tello network at startup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv