Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

xiaomi wifi repeater 2

I’ve got one it’s great and really does improve the range I have to say for the most part I don’t use it much as it’s just one more thing to set up every time, but if I know I’m going far out I will make the effort to use it.

You were able to set a password on your Tello?

Yes. I do have 2 Tello and one Xiaomi Repeater for each Tello. You definitely need to set up a Tello Password in order to complete the Xiaomi installation process.

Attachments

• IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2460.PNG
    IMG_2460.PNG
    4.2 MB · Views: 78
I bought the Xiaomi Repeater but I have been unable to set it up. When I add a password to the Tello's wifi it reboots and I am no longer able to see or connect to the Tello. I have to reset the Tello (power on, then hold power button for 5 seconds) to get the Tello's wifi network to come back.

My firmware version is 01.03.33.01.

It seems Ryze is aware of this: Ryze Tello problems

I have one, arrived yesterday.
Going to repeat the test i did yesterday lunch with 1.03.31.1 and a the repeater.
Ok, full length of a football pitch with the signal remaining at full strength. Drone is basically out of site at this point.

Height test, about 10m infront of me, 30m altitude... full signal. Very happy

Ok, full length of a football pitch with the signal remaining at full strength. Drone is basically out of site at this point.

Are you keeping the repeater with you are do you place it in between you and the Tello?

Is that without the repeater? What is your phone?
I am using a miwifi Nano from xiaomi which is a very powerful repeater but I would love to not have to carry it around.

Yes. it help a lot.

Especially in open area less interference.
Current firmware Tello can't set password. Ignore it. Reset Tello if you try set password then fail to connect.

My video how to setup:

Test video quality:

This is my setup here. I have a few antennas I use for different results.

Attachments

• IMG_1490.JPG
    IMG_1490.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 74
I got my Mi Xiaomi last week but just got around to it today. It seems to work Ok. I am going to do range tests tomorrow.

But it is worth pointing out that the setup process is absurd.
-Android app asks for a ridiculous amount of permissions.
-Requires signing up for an account.
-Requires setting your location to Mainland China. wtf?
-Too complicated and took way too long.

If I had to buy again I would get something more expensive but with fewer hoops to jump through.

Reactions: sadatoni and Beire
New Firmware update fixed the password issue. Finally got to connect using the Xiaomi Wifi Extender 2, but didn't get to test the range. need to go a park or something

Mine seems to be working fine without a password. I don't remember it ever asking for one.

Reactions: Clinton1
Don't repeaters drop your WiFi bandwidth in half since WiFi is half duplex? Doesn't that affect the signal in terms of video?

I bought the Xiaomi Repeater but I have been unable to set it up. When I add a password to the Tello's wifi it reboots and I am no longer able to see or connect to the Tello. I have to reset the Tello (power on, then hold power button for 5 seconds) to get the Tello's wifi network to come back.

My firmware version is 01.03.33.01.

It seems Ryze is aware of this: Ryze Tello problems

Similar here. When I try to change the ssid the app crashes (latest app version 1.2.10.19, Firmware version 01.03.33.01) . How do you other guys did manage to change ssid and set a password?

Problem is Xiaomi does not allow unsecured network connections.

Pretty sure i dont have a password set. (Screenshot appears to confirm it)
Screenshot_20180706-192732_Settings.jpg

I do remember the app being a right faff on to set up though. Cant remember the link I used, but i have an irrational hatred of a 10 minute youtube video rather than three lines of text...

Reactions: Rob stowell

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv