Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

xiaomi wifi repeater 2

Thanks for fast reply.

So you say you connect to the tello without a password being set.

In the mi home app for the repeater set up I get as far as when it comes to adding the router the repeater shall connect to.

Apart from a couple of secured networks (which I basically could connect to) I see the tello grayed out as unsecured network.

I cannnot connect to it. When I tap on it in the list of networks nothing happens.

Mi home app version is 5.3.15

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks for fast replying.

So you say you connect to the tello without a password being Set.

In the mi home app for the repeater set up I get as far as when it comes to adding the router the repeater shall connect to.

Apart from a couple of secured networks (which I basically could connect to) I see the tello grayed out as unsecured network.

I cannnot connect to IT when I tap in it in the list of networks. Nothing happens.

Mi home app version is 5.3.15

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Daft question (tello is in the office at the moment so can't test)

What region are you set to? Mine is Hong Kong, maybe try that

Yes. it help a lot.

Especially in open area less interference.
Current firmware Tello can't set password. Ignore it. Reset Tello if you try set password then fail to connect.

My video how to setup:

Test video quality:

In your 1st Video you connect to a WPA2 protected tello. How did you set that up?

Okay, I missed to confirm the password by the check symbol on my keyboard.

Indeed cannot change ssid for now due to app crashing as soon as I try to change the existing default string.

Have now a WPA2 encrypted connection and can configure the repeater properly.

Thanks for your help and advice.

The crappy chinese program could use one line of help in the most crucial part, when you select your repeater, you have to turn on your tello it is now asking for the thing to repeat (that it does not tell you in anyway, you just have to trust me)

Does not communicate this in any way, i thought it was wanting me to connect to the repeater, but its actually asking for you to pick tello from the list of wifi or anything or what it repeats.

i spent like hour trying to find the repeater on that fucking list, when it was actually asking what to repeat, would it kill you to spend a minute and type "select repeated wifi" at the top, to clear things?

note, this is also somewhat timing issue, you have to be fast here and time turning on tello and be fast picking it, as tello wont stay on for very long when its not flown, overheats.

luckily you only have to deal with this pile of garbage of a program exactly once, to set it up.

after that, just connect to the tello plus or what ever you named it, and plug things in and go.

Last edited:
Reactions: ral67
Ok, full length of a football pitch with the signal remaining at full strength. Drone is basically out of site at this point.

Height test, about 10m infront of me, 30m altitude... full signal. Very happy
This repeater is a must have if you are flying outdoors, I had no issues setting it up, the latest app gives a step by step setup, easy .

As a new Tello owner, I bought one. Only tried it once outside as it's been windy here for the last two weeks :(

I flew 220m away with no problems, in a rural park. Just sat the repeater next to me powered by a USB power battery.

When pairing the repeater using the app it did fail to 'send a message to device', but the LED did turn blue ok when connecting to my Tello.
Now it connects every time ok and I don't need the repeater app. Shame it can only seem to store one wifi setup at a time. I couldn't add another
drone without removing the Tello.

It does let me fly all around the house with a perfect picture. It's fun flying around upstairs, while sat downstairs in the living room :)

I finally got a chance to test it today.

Without repeater got about 210 ft.

With repeater about 400 ft. when I lost sight of it against a backdrop of trees and landed it to be safe. Tooke me a while to find it because grass was a couple if inches tall.

Definitely makes a difference. 2 times plus.

Have been using mi repeater 2 and it has shown significant improvement in video quality. Also I plug the repeater in my Samsung S8+ USB-C via OTG so dont have to carry repeater with powerbank if I am moving along with drone.

Must have for every Tello Setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv