Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Xiaomi Wifi repeater not working.

syedmonis

Reaction score
Guys i got my WiFi repeater 2 couple of days ago and have it configured with my tello. Today i decided to give it a try and see the results. I placed the repeater on the ground away from me by about 3 mtrs. I switched on the drone and it went up easily like before but this time around I could see a better wifi signal. Without a repeater my drone just stops at about 15 mtrs upwards as the signal gets very weak so can't go beyond that. Using a repeater though didn't give anything new. The wifi signal was pretty good but the drone still didn't go beyond 15 mtrs. It was only after i moved it around a bit it gained the maximum height of 15.2 mtrs but not beyond that. The WiFi signal was really good and the video was far better with smoother reception but not sure why the drone didn't go beyond the previous limit. I was really disappointed as i had got this repeater exclusively for altitude gain mostly. I am using a Tello app on my Pixel 2XL so would really like to know what might be wrong with my set-up. Am i doing anything wrong or what. Some help here would be really appreciated. By the way drone was further 4 mtrs away from the repeater and repeater was pointing upwards at 90 degrees upwards i.e vertically up considering the ground as level of axis.

Sounds like you should change the altitude limit in the Tello app settings but I haven't used that app in awhile. I only use Tello FPV.

To access this altitude setting the drone needs to be powered up, otherwise it's hidden,,,,,,,

@xcrost@georgi Uk - The altitude limit is already set at 30 meters compared to 10 meters which was provided by default. If you mean i need to reset it back to 10 and then to 30 meters i will do that too but not sure if that will work but there is no harm in trying that. The signal strength has surely improved as i used to lose signal come 14 meters above the ground but i didn't see any weak signal after using the repeater which meant the repeater is working fine,just that i am not bale to attain the height which i require. Thanks anyway.

I never considered the extender to be an altitude enhancement, like more to do with range. Avoid flying directly above the stick,,,,

@xcrost @georgi UK .. I tried to reset the height limiter back to 30 meters and tried flying again. But unfortunately no luck once more. The drone just doesn't go up beyond 15 meters no matter how hard i try. Tried both the apps i.e,Tello as well as Tello FPV but just doesn't go beyond 15 meters upwards. Has anyone else faced the same situation. I feel utterly disappointed getting the extender now as it hasn't served much of a purpose. I am attaching a screenshot of the height my tello attained even with perfect signal strength due to the extender. I desperately need some good advice on this as i aScreenshot_20200401-184911.pngm feeling pretty low and dejected.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200401-184911.png
    Screenshot_20200401-184911.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
Instead of increasing the altitude to check the baro limit, try reducing it to verify a software comms issue, like is there any communication for a Tello response to this setting?

Reactions: syedmonis
Instead of increasing the altitude to check the baro limit, try reducing it to verify a software comms issue, like is there any communication for a Tello response to this setting?
I think that's a very good idea. I will check if it reads the settings for lower altitude limit and will try to keep it to say 8 meters instead of default 10 meters and see if the app really works in sync with the drone. Having said that if i feel the app is not in sync with the tello,what should be the possible solution and how to get it fixed. Whom should i contact if the problem is the communication issue between the app and the drone.

@georgi UK sorry for the delayed response as i had some stuff to take care of. Having said that i did try the Tello with reduced limit and it worked perfectly below 15 meters. Initially i set the limit at 7 meters it worked fine then increased it to 9 meters and again it worked perfectly. After that i increased the limit to 12 meters and it responded with increased altitude control and then finally at 14 meters. Every time i changed the altitude Tello responded perfectly but just beyond 15 meters it doesn't work. I increased the limit to 18 meters but still the Tello didn't gain height beyond 15 meters. I am really annoyed and upset with the same as buying the WIFI repeater has been a total waste. I am using Google Pixel 2XL phone just in case you might be interested to know. Now how to get it fixed. I wrote to the Tello app developers about the same and didn't receive any response what so ever and same with the Tello customer care. They say they cant help it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv