Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Yeah. Let me repeater myself. Yeah

Good for you Terry. As I posted on another post, I thought I had mine setup last night, but it doesn't show up in the listings today...

Reactions: Terry
Good for you Terry. As I posted on another post, I thought I had mine setup last night, but it doesn't show up in the listings today...
Its weird. Once I started over last night it all went pretty smooth. I just kept to the order of first the tello then power up the repeater, choose the tello plus in wifi and open the tellofpv app. I was in.

Well I started over again and so far so good. I'll keep my fingers crossed! Unfortunately we are having heavy rain and winds so only indoor flying for now :(

Unfortunately we are having heavy rain and winds so only indoor flying for now :(
That's what I love about little Tello. When it's too nasty outside to fly a big GPS drone, I can buzz around inside the house, and under the carport or one of the covered porches.

Its weird.
Agreed... what's also strange to me is that some of the Mi 2 repeaters will forget their programming and some don't. I have two - one has never had to be reprogrammed, the other only once in over a year. But from what I read on this forum, it happens to some quite often. o_O

to all that can't connect: observe your WiFi connections. Tello can by only connected to one device at a time. The phone will try to connect to local wifi or the tello itself while the repeter is starting and this can couse different problems!
Disconnect from wifi's (on the phone) until repeater is blue. And then connect manually only to the _plus network. Try to "forget" the original tello wifi as you'll never need it anymore.

I even swap batteries on this setup while connected to everything. I land and turn off tello, swap batt and starts tello again. Waits for xiaomi repeater to got blue dot and then connect my phone to the _plus (it do not want to connect automatycly because this network don't have internet). Then go back to TelloFPV and it works fine.

Reactions: akward59 and Terry
Great video! I'm happy for you! Glad you got it squared away and working right! Have fun with it. Yes the Tello has a better signal flying backwards. From what I understand it is because it was designed to be a selfie drone.
Thanks. A lot more you can do with it using the repeater. Bad day today though. I wouldn't fly my phantoms in this?❄?❄

So, I managed to get my extender working. Now, I bought a t1s controller and am using it wired.
Now Is there a proper order to setting up and flying myTello?I looked for a checklist.

So, I managed to get my extender working. Now, I bought a t1s controller and am using it wired.
Now Is there a proper order to setting up and flying myTello?I looked for a checklist.
I'm still waiting for my t1s. Should be here this week. So not sure yet on that.

what works everytime for me is: 1. turn phone on airplane mode. 2. turn on Tello 3. Turn on the extender. 4. Turn on WiFi in you phone (airplane mode turns it off) 5. In your phone you should see the connect with the underscore ( ""_plus) Connect to that if it is not done automatically

Reactions: Magoo582
Folks - as I posted in other threads - I find the Xiaomi hard to get/buy (Banggood had to give up and finally gave me a refund as they couldn't deliver). I found the TP-Link TL-WR802N much simpler to setup (for one thing - you don't have to rename the Tello network name).

Initial test shows that without the repeater - the Tello flight distance was about 40 meters / 130 feet. With this repeater - it was at 99 meters / 324 feet and still going (but I ran out of battery). Will post that video soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv