Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

“Teeeello”

Wbrownj

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just thought I’d post this because I had seen no mention of it elsewhere.

In the Apple App Store (don’t know if it is available for Android) there is another Tello controller program called Teeeello.

It is a little clunky but does have a couple of interesting features. These include the ability to use movements of the phone itself to control the Tello. So for example turn the phone left and the drone does the same etc. It also has traditional onscreen joysticks.

You can take photos as per normal but it also has the ability to automatically take panoramic pics which it stitches together from 11 individual snaps it takes. Here is an example shot AD9533F9-AE8B-4135-A15A-FBE6C4515F2E.jpeg

All photos are saved directly to the phone’s photo library.

It can also automatically ascend to max altitude and descend to min altitude.

Hope this was of some interest. Happy flying.

J

Hi Ralph,
As I said in the first post, the app is a bit clunky and basic and is very limited in some respects.

There is NO video streaming or video capture.

It will capture photos and then show them to you on screen with the controls of the interface layered on top.

Controlling the Tello with the onscreen joysticks seems to work fine.

I tried a couple of times to take panoramic shots indoors but they failed and the app gave a message to indicate that it could not find the edges of the photos to stitch them together. However when I tried again outside in my garden it seems to work pretty well as shown in the photograph which I posted as an example.

For me the two nice features that make this app interesting are the fact that it can take panoramic photos and it saves photos directly to the camera roll.

At no time when using the app did I feel that I was in danger of not being in control of the Tello and so my suggestion is to download it and give it a try (at your own risk of course ?)

It’d be great to see the panoramic photo feature included in the Ryze app.

Oh and Teeeello is free... always a bonus haha.

Happy flying

J

Reactions: Marcio Cartier
Thanks J, very informative!
I’m more interested in video than panoramas (at the moment) so I’ll give it a miss. However, as a proof that apps can be written for the Tello, I think it’s a pioneer, and will hopefully mean that more developers join in and write apps for our little drone! And encourage Ryze to up their game and improve the original app.

Reactions: Marcio Cartier
Hi KarlosDaishi,
I guess you mean not in the Android App Store. I hope it gets there soon.

Yes I thought it was really good too. The ‘raw’ panoramic picture tends to have rough edges, I suspect caused largely by variation in the tello’s vertical/horizontal positioning as it spins round to take the 11 pics it stitched together. But I just cropped off the rough bits to get the result you see.

Happy flying

J

Hi KarlosDaishi,
I guess you mean not in the Android App Store. I hope it gets there soon.

Yes I thought it was really good too. The ‘raw’ panoramic picture tends to have rough edges, I suspect caused largely by variation in the tello’s vertical/horizontal positioning as it spins round to take the 11 pics it stitched together. But I just cropped off the rough bits to get the result you see.

Happy flying

J
Yes, sorry. Android app store

Hi Ralph,
As I said in the first post, the app is a bit clunky and basic and is very limited in some respects.

There is NO video streaming or video capture.

It will capture photos and then show them to you on screen with the controls of the interface layered on top.

Controlling the Tello with the onscreen joysticks seems to work fine.

I tried a couple of times to take panoramic shots indoors but they failed and the app gave a message to indicate that it could not find the edges of the photos to stitch them together. However when I tried again outside in my garden it seems to work pretty well as shown in the photograph which I posted as an example.

For me the two nice features that make this app interesting are the fact that it can take panoramic photos and it saves photos directly to the camera roll.

At no time when using the app did I feel that I was in danger of not being in control of the Tello and so my suggestion is to download it and give it a try (at your own risk of course ?)

It’d be great to see the panoramic photo feature included in the Ryze app.

Oh and Teeeello is free... always a bonus haha.

Happy flying

J
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv