Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

2 questions about the "rc" (remote control) command in SDK

martinpi

Reaction score
Website
martinpi.at
Hi folks,

I have 2 questions about the rc (remote control) command.

1. Is it available in SDK 1.x? It is documented in the 2.0 (Tello EDU) but that doesn't mean it is not available for the normal Tello.
    Could a "normal Tello" user please try if you can send an rc-command like "rc 0 0 0 0" without getting an "unknown command" reply?

2. When you send an rc command, do you get an ok, and if so, how long does it take?
    According to the docu Tello should send ok or error.
    Or is it normal not to receive an ok?
    Can you just send rc commands without waiting for an acknowledgement?

Thanks!

Nobody out there? In the meantime I have put the rc command into tellTello without waiting for a confirmation and it works nicely.

I have another question, this one seems to be a bit more tricky.

When you move the sticks to the "lower inner" position, i.e. left stick in the lower right corner and right stick in the lower left corner, Tello starts its motors but does not take off. This can be done with the rc command by sending "rc -100 -100 -100 100".

But this works only after a normal takeoff and land. With aTelloPilot it is the same behaviour, but Tello FPV starts the motors even if I have not flown before. So there is a trick.

How to do it?

Hey @martinpi! Great work on tellTello!
1. rc command is documented in 1.3 SDK.
2. yep I can confirm, it does not ok/error, just fire and forget.
3. after rc -100 -100 -100 100 just pull up with rc 0 0 50 0 a little and put it into rc 0 0 0 0 to hover after 2s or so.

Best

Thanks.

I tried again and it works.
I had set up a more complex routine. First I has set all values to 0, then -100,-100-100,0 and then after a delay of 0.5 seconds back to 0. But this is not necessary and it was counterproductive.

To fly the drone, I increase/decrease the values with every keystroke. In one of the first tries I forgot to set the values back to 0 (my internal variables) and took off with something like -100,-100,+50,+100. Well, they provide spare spare propellers.....

Sending rc 0 0 0 0 once the motors are running makes the motors run slower. Having the motors run prevents Tello from overheating while I sit and think. An alternative to using an external fan.

Greetings, Martin

what I do with these commands:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv