Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

3D Follow me Field Demo

are you using altitude above ground for the 3d modes?

If found that altitude above ground works better for me than centering the tracked object, as with object altitude & distance tracking Tello starts to do funny vertical circles going back & forth and up&down. I guess my PID tuning still isn't good enough.:cautious:

Reactions: pgminin
are you using altitude above ground for the 3d modes?

If found that altitude above ground works better for me than centering the tracked object, as with object altitude & distance tracking Tello starts to do funny vertical circles going back & forth and up&down. I guess my PID tuning still isn't good enough.:cautious:

Good question!
My solution is to center tracked person in 3D world coordinates!
Set points and errors are linear altitude, lateral and longitudinal values. Using just image pixel errors leads to a non linear distance control loop that is difficult to stabilize with a simple PID.

Reactions: volate!lo
Do you have an Iphone (6s, SE, or later if possible)? My app TelloMe was finally approved & released yesterday and I'd be happy to give you a promo code

Reactions: Terry and Magoo582
Do you have an Iphone (6s, SE, or later if possible)? My app TelloMe was finally approved & released yesterday and I'd be happy to give you a promo code

Great news!!
Unfortunately I don't have an Iphone, but I'm happy for your kind offer of a promo code! Thank you!!
I have to wait for the Android version!
Keep on working (so hard) man!

Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv