Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

5 flights and each time battery charging got worse

tleech

Reaction score
Hi, new to Tello here . I charge my battery through the Tello and I noticed after the first couple flights the battery (after recharging) had less and less of a full charge. I'd fly till the battery ran out, then charged it up and after a couple hours thinking it was fully charged, try to fly and Tello FPV told me the battery was not fully charged. I was able to fly for only a couple of minutes before the battery ran out again. So I charged it for 4 hours, FPV told me it was only 38% charged. Barely flew it for a minute before it ran out again. I then let it charge over night. In the morning, FPV told me it was only 9% charged and wouldn't fly at all.

I figured the battery was bad so I bought a new one. And now I see exactly the same pattern happening again.

What's happening and how do I fix it?

Thanks, Tom

this problem may depend on the charger charging cable or the charger. use a 2 A 5 volt charger and a cable that supports currents of 1.5 or 2 Ampere.

this problem may depend on the charger charging cable or the charger. use a 2 A 5 volt charger and a cable that supports currents of 1.5 or 2 Ampere.

Thanks for the reply. I'm charging through the Tello itself. It is plugged in to my samsung charger/cable which outputs 2 amps

OK! have you tried to reset the tello?

I copy and paste some guides on reset.
Try one of these

(A)
Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds when Tello is off and release it when the green indicator goes out.
Then the indicator will flash red. Connect to Tello's Wi-Fi and update the firmware again using the Tello app.
Make sure that before updating the firmware, the firmware version indicated on the app must be "00.00.00.00"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(B)
1. Delete Tello's app and reinstall it.
2. Forget Tello's wifi on your mobile.
3. Reset its WIFI: Turn the TELLO on until its flashing yellow rapidly, then press and hold the power button for 5-8s until the led goes off, then reconnect after it auto rebooting.

Last edited:
OK! have you tried to reset the tello?

Thanks, I tried your option A but the firmware was not all zero's, not sure how to get it to that point.

Also, I appreciate the suggestions - but have to admit I don't understand why resetting the Tello would have impact on the battery's charge. Can you elaborate on that, please?

Last edited:
surely it is like resetting the smartphone when there is a problem even with the battery and it can help to solve it.

I don't wish there was a problem with the tello charging system .... you should take an external charger and try to charge your batteries.

I load my batteries externally and have made some accessories to be able to connect them to a computerized charger in order to manage them better.
I've never uploaded it directly from the tello.

for the reset 000000 I don't know ... they are guides that we find on the forum and personally I have never reset.

I'm sorry I didn't help.?

Last edited:
I don't wish there was a problem with the tello charging system .... you should take an external charger and try to charge your batteries.
I'm sorry I didn't help.?

No worries. I had an external charger on order (suspecting charging through drone might be the problem) and it arrived yesterday. Both batteries charged up and display 100% now in tello. So hopefully the issue is resolved.

Reactions: Flydrone
the problem has been solved by charging 100% with the external charger ... but if you reload it from the tello it always has the same problem ?.

I haven't tried that yet.
the important thing is that the batteries are good and they charge extremely ... for charging from the drone if it does not work there will be a problem, but if it flies without problems from now on use the external charger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan