Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Add Automated Orbit Mode to Your Tello

I hope they come out with an Android version. Why can't DJI/Ryze come out with these features?

It really does beg the question. This 3rd party developer is able to produce these features and they perform quite well at a cost of $4.99.

Ryze simply doesn't want that.

Computer vision requires powerful phones, and this does not work well if you produce for the mass market. Most users have rather weak phones, and would bitterly complain about the features not working as expected.
Even with a decent phone you have to stick to a few things regarding light, position of he person in the frame, distance. Even clothing and skin color make a difference.

Such features are too fragile for mass market drones. For the mass market features have to be fool-proof and fully reliable. For the same reason they don't do RTH or smarter autopilots.

The $5 price tag has no relation to the actual development cost of this project. The app will never even cover the Apple hardware that I had to purchase for this project. At least I learned a few things :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ryze simply doesn't want that.

Computer vision requires powerful phones, and this does not work well if you produce for the mass market. Most users have rather weak phones, and would bitterly complain about the features not working as expected.
Even with a decent phone you have to stick to a few things regarding light, position of he person in the frame, distance. Even clothing and skin color make a difference.

Such features are too fragile for mass market drones. For the mass market features have to be fool-proof and fully reliable. For the same reason they don't do RTH or smarter autopilots.

The $5 price tag has no relation to the actual development cost of this project. The app will never even cover the Apple hardware that I had to purchase for this project. At least I learned a few things :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Volate!lo,

Just wanted to say thanks for your time and effort on making the 2 apps for the Tello, I have an iPhone so I purchased your TelloMe app.
Hope maybe one day you will see a bit of profit....

@volate!lo please make Android version or update the tellofpv with that follow me feature. Just put a warning use at your own risk or something.

It really does beg the question. This 3rd party developer is able to produce these features and they perform quite well at a cost of $4.99.
Yes, I agree. I have no problem buying the program. It gives the person with a little extra vision some credit for the innovation. I will gladly pay the price when it's available in an Android version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843