Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Almost lost it

FatherXmas

Reaction score
I know, 100% my fault - My 3 year old great-grandson wanted to fly one of Papaw's drones. I figured the Tello would be the most logical, better to crash a $99 one than a $1800 one. He did really great for a while, then he crashed into a tree. Fortunately, with my tallest step ladder and a broom handle, I managed to retrieve it. Even if I had not been able to get it down, the look on his mother's face when he told her he crashed Papaw's drone into a tree was priceless! :p

I know, 100% my fault - My 3 year old great-grandson wanted to fly one of Papaw's drones. I figured the Tello would be the most logical, better to crash a $99 one than a $1800 one. He did really great for a while, then he crashed into a tree. Fortunately, with my tallest step ladder and a broom handle, I managed to retrieve it. Even if I had not been able to get it down, the look on his mother's face when he told her he crashed Papaw's drone into a tree was priceless! :p

I got some funny looks tryjng to fish mine out of a tree by the local beauty spot...

I got the same looks when mine lost wifi,shot straight up then landed in the tallest tree at our worksight.
several climb attempts and a few rock hurdles later I almost gave up...until I saw the track hoe .i beat the tree with the bucket like it owed me money (it owed me $100) . the drone finally flung from the tree and I caught it before it hit water

I got the same looks when mine lost wifi,shot straight up then landed in the tallest tree at our worksight.
several climb attempts and a few rock hurdles later I almost gave up...until I saw the track hoe .i beat the tree with the bucket like it owed me money (it owed me $100) . the drone finally flung from the tree and I caught it before it hit water
The Water??? Oh NOOO

Reactions: Divebomber
I usually get my crashed drones out of trees the same way I got the neighbor's cat out of a tree. With a shotgun. Crude, but effective. Seriously, I saw a guy getting a toy glider out of a tree with a very innovative method. He had put nylon shock cord on a tennis ball, and was throwing the tennis ball at the toy. It took about three throws, but he got the cord looped over a branch and pulled down far enough that the toy fell. Wouldn't work in all circumstances but I thought it was pretty cool.

When I was a kid, a friend of mine lost a Frisbee in a tree. We started throwing another Frisbee at it to knock it loose. It wasn't long until we had two Frisbees stuck in the tree. I supposed, under the right conditions, you could attach a hook and a cord to another drone to try to retrieve it, but with all the tree branches around, your chance of getting the second drone stuck are pretty good. Feel lucky? ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv