Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

And it's gone!

Sorry for your loss, I was out with my tello in 'drizzle' (which made for challenging flying conditions - especially with the touch screen on my phone become unresponsive due to moisture).

Might stick to fair weather flying from now on ;)

Reactions: stephanriederer
I contacted ryzerobotics support for this VPS issue and cutting angles ... I asked for information to see if I can update the Tello and increase the trim angle in the absence of VPS.

I keep you updated.

I’ll have another look tomorrow. Got a day being paid photographing using the Mavic 2 on a shoot day at the same place tomorrow, fingers crossed. I lost vps in dark conditions (sunrise) there was almost no wind, surprised me how quickly it left! I’m not a fool either, the 30m trees we use at the hunting lodge weren’t even moving 1mm.
I cross my fingers for you!?
Tello is strong and robust and I hope you will find it.

I contacted ryzerobotics support for this VPS issue and cutting angles ... I asked for information to see if I can update the Tello and increase the trim angle in the absence of VPS.

I keep you updated.

Alexis C (Ryzerobotics)
Dec 27, 16:51 CST
Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for reaching Ryze Support!

We appreciate your inquiry and suggestion in regards for the vision positioning system of the aircraft, It is normal that the Tello flies at a lower speed at a height of 1 m above the ground than flying at high altitude. Since Tello's vision sensor system is not available during high-speed motion at a low altitude, it may cause the aircraft to drift, so the flight controller has limitations on the flight speed and acceleration when flying at low altitude.

We are hoping that the following advice and suggestion you have mentioned would be added in the future updates as we suggest also to check our homepage from time to time in regards for the tello updates.
Thank you for choosing Ryze!
Best Regards,
Alex
RYZE Customer Support

Ryze answers but it is difficult to make himself understood or to have specific answers to the problem, usually from a generic answer.:rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New answer.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for getting back to us!

As stated that we are hoping that the following advice and suggestion you have mentioned would be added in the future updates.
Thank you for choosing Ryze!
Best Regards,
Alex
RYZE Customer Support

Sorry for the loss :-(
Tello restricts attitude angles when VPS is lost for more than a few seconds, and starts to auto-land. While TelloFpv can cancel the landing, it can't override the reduced attitude angles which lead to very sluggish behavior and low ability to fight winds.
Thats one of the main reasons for the emergency shutdown function introduced in the last release: Quickly press the stop button a couple of times and Tello kill all motors and will fall.

Its a tough decision to make (fall vs drift) but sometimes its just the only way to safe Tello.

Good luck searching. Many Tellos have been recovered and they all fly like new (even after month in trees, rain, snow, or a good dip in pool or sea)
happened to me yesterday, it stated to drift in the direction of the danube river, I just remembered this feature to shut down the motors, and voilá! tello down from 30m and not even a scratch! great function saved my tello

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alqar