Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Android connection errors

eclee123

Reaction score
I have 25 Tellos and my students can connect every time with an iPhone. Several of my students only have Android based phones. Most seem to be able to connect, although, none of the students that have Samsung S20's or newer can get it to work. We have read forums, and tried several of the suggestions, but nothing seems to work correctly. The minute an S20 tries to connect, the light turns yellow on the Tello and there is no camera view from the app. You can swipe to hover but nothing happens. But, if you go to the wifi settings, it shows it's connected. We've tried to connect to at least 15 of the drones, same reaction.

I know, S20 is giving headaches also with my apps. It's not a problem of the drone but something Samsung changed in their networking code.
No fix available as far as I know.

I have a S20 Ultra (European version) on Android 11 and can connect from the original Tello app as well as with Tello FPV and Tello EDU without any problems to my Tello EDU. Also Gamesir T1S works with that configuration.

So I see no general problem with Android 11 or S20. The problem must be more particular.

Correct. To be more precise: It affects some s20 model numbers and Android Versions.

I get problem reports from time to time, almost exclusively from the US.
For some it was fixed with an OTA update but I never managed to pin it to one provider or model number as the reports have always been too inconsistent und rarely detailed enough

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan