Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Any way to change min. height?

Cappaholic

Reaction score
I was playing around this morning and was going to shoot a video while hovering close to the ground, flying below a chair. But, I noticed a can only get down to about a 1-1.5ft from the ground then it stops descending. I know that upper height limit can be changed via a few apps, but can you change the min. height?

Don't believe you can change the minimum height setting in any app below this threshold. You can somewhat hover between that height and ground level (landing) but VPS will be deactivated and the Tello/video will become unstable unless that's the effect you're looking to achieve.

Reactions: xcrost
If you are very good at flying drones which have no VPS (or GPS) to hold it in a stable hover, you can put tape over the IR emitter and/or receiver. That would probably enable you to fly lower, but you better be prepared to fly manually 100% - I couldn't do it.

For kicks I just tried it and crashed shortly after take-off every time. Tello was wandering around like it was drunk... (and I promise, I only had a couple lol)

It was flying really low though :cool:

If you are very good at flying drones which have no VPS (or GPS) to hold it in a stable hover, you can put tape over the IR emitter and/or receiver. That would probably enable you to fly lower, but you better be prepared to fly manually 100% - I couldn't do it.

For kicks I just tried it and crashed shortly after take-off every time. Tello was wandering around like it was drunk... (and I promise, I only had a couple lol)

It was flying really low though :cool:
Now I need to go try this!

Re-reading my post, the last line reminded me:

In the late '70s, I had several friends who were Ag Pilots. Just after I soloed in a 152, one of them gave me a bumper sticker which I put on my truck, it said:

Crop dusters do it Lower and Slower. :D

Reactions: Maersk65 and xcrost
I can only wish I could fly without VPS, for me - not possible!

Maybe I just need more practice? :)
Yes, more practice and maybe a spare Tello! LOL JK It's not that hard. Start with no wind in a "slightly lit" open area. Orientation lights are a must.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv