Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Anyway to increase battery life?

kamrulahsan06

Reaction score
Hello, Tello is my first drone and I absolutely love this little fella! However, the battery life isn't good as advertised. I get average 10 minutes. So is there anyway to increase battery life? I have two ideas though:

1. Is there anyway to stop video feed? It might give some extra battery life
2. Is there anyway to install new high voltage battery? I found this video on youtube
It might work but I don't know how he achieved it. Will it be safe?

Please share your thoughts and ideas. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks

Cant help you on no.1, but for your second question: The batteries are HV already. In my opinion just buy more batteries, they are cheap as chips. To much of a hack to break open the battery casing, and you need to be very good in soldering, or you are going to let the smoke out. Just smiling while i am typing this - coming from flying helicopters and racing quads, there you only had 4-5 min. flight time. On the Tello and Mavic Pro i have to look at the time, and sometimes wish that the battery is flat already, it feels like a eternity flying these drones :)

Reactions: teseo
What to expect from battery’s from Joom and AliExpress (not original)?
I do not see differences from the original battery.
And if what I get will be different from the photo in the order - I will open the dispute and return the money :)
I will keep you informed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluetuga
I just got my tello and it's working great with my Android Lenovo k8 note though it isn't listed in the compatibility list. Took me 30 minutes to get it to fly.also got some error codes but after restarting it's doing fine.
Keep you all updated after a week bye

Cant help you on no.1, but for your second question: The batteries are HV already. In my opinion just buy more batteries, they are cheap as chips. To much of a hack to break open the battery casing, and you need to be very good in soldering, or you are going to let the smoke out. Just smiling while i am typing this - coming from flying helicopters and racing quads, there you only had 4-5 min. flight time. On the Tello and Mavic Pro i have to look at the time, and sometimes wish that the battery is flat already, it feels like a eternity flying these drones :)
Fly without props guard...it gives extra More 2mins.more or less ...
There's video on YouTube comparing flight time with and without props guard

Fly without props guard...it gives extra More 2mins.more or less ...
There's video on YouTube comparing flight time with and without props guard
Confirm.
Here I flew almost 14 minutes, while there was a strong wind in the street and part of that time was switched on the high-speed mode.

Screenshot_2018-08-25-20-11-15-470_com.pinggusoft.aTelloPilot.png

Reactions: ScottConover
Hello, Tello is my first drone and I absolutely love this little fella! However, the battery life isn't good as advertised. I get average 10 minutes. So is there anyway to increase battery life? I have two ideas though:

1. Is there anyway to stop video feed? It might give some extra battery life
2. Is there anyway to install new high voltage battery? I found this video on youtube
It might work but I don't know how he achieved it. Will it be safe?

Please share your thoughts and ideas. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks
Can help you with no.1 remove the props guard it will give you close or more than 13mins.as advertising... No.2 none

My batteries are 3 years old, they last for only ca 7 minutes and there is nothing I can do about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv