Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Atello Pilot App issue (or maybe it's me)

tinman

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased the Atello Pilot App to try it out this morning.
Wasn't able to see my camera view from the phone even after it was connected to the tello via wifi.
Tried it with the ryze tello app and it was OK.
Any Atello app users would like to advise what may be the issue?
Thanks.

Rebooted the phone but still same problem.
I am using XiaoMi Redmi Phone , android 8.1.0 Oreo
Settings on AtelloPilot:
Video Format: Mp4
TTS: On
Video Processing: On
Photo Quality: High
Exposure Value: 0.0
Video Bitrate: Auto
Video Mode Startup: On

Attachments

• IMG_9989.JPG
    IMG_9989.JPG
    744.9 KB · Views: 10
Have you tried turning Video Processing: Off, and adjusting the bitrate manually? That's all I can think of ATM, sorry, I don't know anything about the Redmi phones.

Edited:
Did you attach the phone to the Tello Wi-Fi through the phone settings menu? If so, you may have to go into Settings on the aTelloPilot init screen and on Device tab, click Connect button, choose the Tello Wi-Fi name, and enter password if there is one.

Last edited:
This happens to me all the time. If Tello app process is active in your phone, then aTello Pilot app won't get video. Sometimes it becomes a hassle, but try it this way. First close all apps, then turn on Tello and connect to Wifi, then open aTello Pilot and it should work.

Reactions: umanbean
Thanks all. Yes, it was the Video Processing option that was causing the issue. I set it to OFF and tried, and the video came back on when the tello was connected.

Hi!
I've got a problem too with The app.
Vision tracking is not active. It's gray, and if i click on it, then nothing happens.

What could be The problem?
Object tracking was The only reason for me to buy this app :/

Hi!
I've got a problem too with The app.
Vision tracking is not active. It's gray, and if i click on it, then nothing happens.

What could be The problem?
Object tracking was The only reason for me to buy this app :/
Sorry, i'm using it on a Note 9..

Sorry, i'm using it on a Note 9..
At the opening screen, click the Settings button (the blue circle). Click the Features tab, and turn on 'Video Processing'. Face tracking will now work

Also, from the main screen click the book icon with A-Z on the front. This will take you to the instruction manual.

Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv