Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

BRAND NEW IRON MAN EDITION (TELLO)

clay347

Reaction score
DJI/RYZE HAS DROPPED A BRAND NEW IRON MAN EDITION TELLO!!! IT'S ON THE DJI WEBSITE AND COST $129.00 IT'S EQUIPPED WITH FRIDAY (A.I.) AND JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY I DOWNLOADED THE TELLO HERO APP (GOOGLE PLAY STORE) BUT COULD NOT GET IT (APP) TO WORK WITH MY O.G. TELLO LOL HA HA HA HA HA WISHFUL THINKING ON MY PART BUT IF YOU WANT TO CHECK IT OUT HEAD OVER TO THE DJI WEBSITE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT IT GOD BLESS AND HAPPY FLYING

this new Tello look great! But I dont buy it because it cost 139€ in my place so it is 70€ more than I pay for my Tello... but it looks really really great and If someone thinking about buy new Tello for him self it can be a good idea to buy this one. In the future it can be sell in better price than other normall Tello’s ??

Reactions: clay347
there is more to the app than just a new theme. The app size is about 2.5x the size of the normal app

Lots of embedded video, talks, animations, and if I understand correctly some sort of "training missions", most likely some Augmented Reality game.

Honestly, I don't really like this "new" Tello ... I don't like coloring and the app! I prefer the normal Tello with the TelloFPV app, much more like a "professional" mini drone. This is just my thought.;)

Hi Folks, I just received my Iron Man edition today, I read all most all posts, but don't post much. I am a member of Phatompilots, Sparkpilots, Mavicpilots, and now Tellopilots. Started with DJI products (P3A) in mid 2015, since then I have picked up a Spark, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Tello, Tello EDU, and now just added the Tello Iron Man edition.

The Tello line for me is just for fun in close quarters indoors when I can't get out to fly due to weather. Or as a park flyer in small areas when weather is good. Recently I found on this forum the mods thread for distance and having a blast experimenting with repeaters and antennas. I've used all software (tello, tellofpv, tello edu) on all with no real issues to fly. you just cant use the Tello Hero app on the tello or the telloEDU. See below an excerpt from the DJI site as far as compatibility. just started the Tello Hero adventure, again just for fun. I can keep you posted if having to purchase another Tello was worth it. In either case I like collecting and flying RC aircraft of any kind. been enjoying this hobby since the late 70's. almost done training and getting ready to take the Part 107 exam.?

Safe Flying

Tello Iron Man Edition
Is the Tello Hero app compatible with the standard Tello?

No. The Tello Hero app is only compatible with Tello Iron Man Edition.

What apps is Tello Iron Man Edition compatible with?

Tello Iron Man Edition is not only compatible with the custom Tello Hero app, but it is also compatible with the Tello app, Tello EDU app, and Swift Playgrounds app. However, it only supports the first two chapters in the Tello Space Travel tutorial.

What is the difference between the Tello Iron Man Edition and the standard Tello?

In terms of appearance, Tello Iron Man Edition features an Iron Man-inspired design. In terms of function, Tello Iron Man Edition shares all the features of the standard Tello and is also compatible with the custom Tello Hero app.

Last edited:
there is more to the app than just a new theme. The app size is about 2.5x the size of the normal app

Lots of embedded video, talks, animations, and if I understand correctly some sort of "training missions", most likely some Augmented Reality game.
The app is the major change. Four training missions, each one must be completed before moving on.
missions.png1stmission.png
Awesome new paint job,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv