Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Difference between Iron Man and EDU Version

raw

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I don't own a Tello yet but wanted to buy one. I also check the used options at the moment.

I would like to know what the differences between the EDU and Iron Man versions are. It seems the Iron Man version can be used with the same apps (also the EDU one), on the product website it mentions swarm flying and those pads and the camera seems to be the same. My open questions are if the Iron Man edition is also compatible with the newest firmware for the EDU version (v02-05-01-13, and sdk 3.0) and if the RoboMaster TT esp32 expansion can be used.

Somehow I can't find any information about that online.

Thanks!

Best regards
Raphael

Iron Man is a non-EDU Tello just in different color design. It can not be upgraded to the latest (SDK 3.0) firmware and it can not join an existing WiFi network as client.

So, if you intend also swarm programming or using the Talent extension, you need the EDU.

Would be nice if you could share your experience on the "ESP-mod" :)
But propably better in a dedicated thread...

I am also using an ESP (in that case the much smaller and lighter ESP8266) on the Tello EDU to generate light animations. It weighs only 5g and runs a little web server as as seperate WiFi client in the same network. More on that here:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv