Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

SDK 3.0 for Tello EDU

Darksmile

Reaction score
Thanks for the hint, i was aware of that discussion, but as it is very old by now i decided not to attend to.
I mainly had some troubles with my standalone bought Extension Module to upgrade my Tello EDUs, as it was absolute not possible to change the wifi channel to other than 169, 148 or all on the 2.4ghz Band. I found out that my procedure only helped with a Robomaster TT bundle
where i did it with 8 Robomasters TT drones without any issues.
For any interested persons, i like to share my first try on a 4 RMTT Animation. A 8 RMTT version is in the making but for now i have some difficulties in logic thinking to get it right :-( But i try on. It would be any easier if i could purchase one of those "Flight Maps" the manual talks about, but there is absolutely no person or shop that can deliver :-(

Reactions: martinpi

iamrobusto

Reaction score
The Tello only has a 2.4 GHz WiFi module.

The RMTT expansion module has also a seperate 5 GHz module (the ESP32 also supports only 2.4 GHz). So you must find a way to configure the RMTT expansion using 2.4 GHz or a 5.GHz channel supported by your laptop. The approach described by @Darksmile should do the trick.
Yes thank you. Darksmile's method worked for me.

Hacky

Reaction score
For any interested persons, i like to share my first try on a 4 RMTT Animation. A 8 RMTT version is in the making but for now i have some difficulties in logic thinking to get it right :-( But i try on. It would be any easier if i could purchase one of those "Flight Maps" the manual talks about, but there is absolutely no person or shop that can deliver :-(
As you may have seen, I went through this phase as well (including the search for such a flight map): My Take on Multi-Tello Drone Formations

You can contact me via PN for further details. I am located in the same country as you ;-)

Last edited:

martinpi

Reaction score
Website
martinpi.at
I like the "motoron" / "motoroff" commads - they're good for cooling the drone when it's on the ground while I'm testing a program.
:cool:
I have seen it.
This has been available before, just send "rc -100 -100 -100 100" (like pulling both sticks down and inward) to turn the motors on.
And "land" will stop the motors.

Having the motors spin while you sit and think prevents Tello from overheating.

That's not criticism, just mentioning it. Thanks for the hint, I might upgrade my EDU, too.

Hacky

Reaction score
To be precise: It's firmware v02.05.01.17.
SDK 3.0 can only be used, if at least this firmware is installed.

martinpi

Reaction score
Website
martinpi.at
I have seen it.
This has been available before, just send "rc -100 -100 -100 100" (like pulling both sticks down and inward) to turn the motors on.
And "land" will stop the motors.

Having the motors spin while you sit and think prevents Tello from overheating.

That's not criticism, just mentioning it. Thanks for the hint, I might upgrade my EDU, too.
Meanwhile I have a TT.
The "motoron" command sets the speed of the propellers lower than I did with "rc -100 -100 -100 100" and followed by "rc 0 0 0 0" .

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TelloJohn48