Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Broken wire tello motor.. Help

PapaTelllo

Reaction score
Hi.. I have a broken wire of one of the front motor... Has anyone out there done soldering of a tello motor?.. How can it be done.. The broken wire is hidden inside the motor socket.. 3438

Hi.. I have a broken wire of one of the front motor... Has anyone out there done soldering of a tello motor?.. How can it be done.. The broken wire is hidden inside the motor socket.. View attachment 3438
I'm afraid you need a new motor.They are not expensive luckily. I bought a pack with 8 motors w/mini jst connectors on them for about $15 US. easy enough to do with very basic skills if you are not too worried about how it looks. Mine has wires wrapped around the arms and is not pretty but now I can swap a motor in minutes:) Good luck!

Reactions: Chipmun3
IF you want to try soldering, try to find some old solder (lead & tin) with lower melting point than newer solder. Less risk of "desoldering" other connection. (New motor with no need for soldering sounds like a good idea for your problem). Wish you good flying soon! /Olle J

Hi. Thank you for all the advise. I have bought new motors for replacement.. Anothe thing.. Do I need change that single motor or a pair for better performance?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv