Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Can I use cables to attach controller to phone?

TelloHappy

Reaction score
Like to know if I can use my TD1 Controller without bluetooth and just use cables instead
I read some info saying you can but nothing has worked for me. I'm trying using a usb-c phone cable connected to my controller which is micro usb. Using Tello FPV app.

Any suggestions on how to set this up?

Thanks in advance

There is 100% no way to make the t1d work via cable.

People switch off Bluetooth, connect a USB OTG cable and when they realize it still works they think it's working via USB. It's not.
Many phones switch off only classic Bluetooth but the more recent Bluetooth LE is still on. And this is what t1d uses.

There is 100% no way to make the t1d work via cable.

People switch off Bluetooth, connect a USB OTG cable and when they realize it still works they think it's working via USB. It's not.
Many phones switch off only classic Bluetooth but the more recent Bluetooth LE is still on. And this is what t1d uses.
Ya, that's is exactly what I thought when I connected cables to my TD1. I thought it worked and then realized it was still on bluetooth mode. I read online many times where TD1s users were connecting via cables.?
Thanks for your answer, and by the way I think the Tello FPV app is fantastic!

Ya, that's is exactly what I thought when I connected cables to my TD1. I thought it worked and then realized it was still on bluetooth mode. I read online many times where TD1s users were connecting via cables.?
Thanks for your answer, and by the way I think the Tello FPV app is fantastic!
I’m not sure about the T1d but I use the T1s with an OTG cable. I use an old Galaxy S5 with Bluetooth, permissions, and location turned off…it works great. NO lag.
(In Android 11 or lower, individual apps require location permissions to use BLE scanning, even if they are scanning only to find devices to connect to. If the user disables location scanning, or does not grant an app location permissions, then the app won't receive any BLE scanning results.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode