Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Can not get camera view with Tello and Samsung S10

Makusi75

Reaction score
Hi!

My son has a Tello which has been working fine on his previous mobile devices, such as the Samsung S7, Samsung S8 - BUT now when got a Samsung S10 and try to use it together with the Tello then the camera will not show at all! :-(
We have tried both the Tello App and also the TelloFPV App with the same result - no camera view with the Samsung S10.
The Tello seem to be connected as we can see it tilt - and I think he actually was flying with it - but no camera view.

However, when trying both the Tello App and the TelloFPV App on the old Samsung S8 device - it works fine!
So, the camera on the Tello seem to be working - it's just the combination with the Samsung S10.

Anybody that has some ideas?

Best Regards
/Marcus

Actually the issue seem to be about the same as this thread:

However, tried to followed that thread and those steps - but no camera feed from the Tello to the Samsung S10 (but Samsung S8 works fine) - tried both the "official" Tello App and the TelloFPV App :-(

@volate!lo do you might have some ideas?

Best Regards
/Marcus

If you tried with airplane mode I'm a bit lost. It normally works on the s10 for sure, there are a few thousand users with no problems.
Do you have some firewall / security / antivirus thing installed?

Thanks @volate!lo, unfortunately we have not yet been able to solve it on the Samsung S10 - "everything" works except that the video/camera feed does not show..!

But basically the steps should "just" then be to:

1) Close all running Apps
2) Put the Samsung S10 into "Airplane"-mode
3) Turn on Wifi on the phone
4) Start the App TelloFPV

Anything else to try out or some other order?
Re-install the App? Clean the App cache? Reset the SSID of the Tello (by the way, how do we do that "reset the SSID of the Tello"?)?

Fortunate we still have the Samsung S8, that seem to still work - but very annoying that we can not really use the Samsung S10 :-(

completely no idea.
There are currently 850 installations on S10 with an average rating of of 4.6 stars so I know it works for most / all of them.

Is there an OS update available for your phone?

Thank you @EssexFlyer for confirming that the Samsung S10 works fine with the Tello for you.
I'll check later with my sons mobile device which version he is running on.

As I understood from my son, the tello was connected to the Samsung S10, and he could see in the S10 that actually it reacted when he tilt the Tello - so it must somehow been connected, actually I think he flew with the Tello also - BUT the only thing is that the Camera view did not show up. :-(
It's been tested with both a Tello IronMan and a Tello "original" with the same issue :-(
And with for example the old Samsung S8, it works as a charm...! :-o ...so really strange that this seem to be happening only with his Samsung S10.

Hi, check and see if your S10 is at android 11 and if the tello wifi is set to use password for connection. This is what we have seen/tested so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan