Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Cancel Automatic Positioning

JaMePa

Reaction score
When you are connected to Tello (NOT Edu) from an application developed in Python, I notice that the light in the room is very important in the automatic positioning of the drone. The problem is that if there is not a lot of light, the drone does NOT respond to the instructions I send it and moves on its own discretion. All this does NOT happen with the same code but flying outdoors. Do we have a way to cancel this automatic positioning and correction by command?

Well, you need light for vision positioning system stabilization, with low light you disable this system and Tello drifts because the camera cannot detect undesired movements and compensate them.

Reactions: JaMePa
Well, you need light for vision positioning system stabilization, with low light you disable this system and Tello drifts because the camera cannot detect undesired movements and compensate them.
Thanks for your answer. That is exactly what I want to disable, that stabilization and compensation system, and that "Tello" trusts the movement orders that I send it.

How should it trust your "movement orders" when VPS is not working due to low light?

But I guess, that at least the RC (virtual stick) commands should work. If you want to dive deeper into development with Tello, I would recommend the EDU because auf the better API and the more capable VPS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luis_g