Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Commands sent in bulk?

Inquisitor

Reaction score
Just curious... If you write a "script" (Scratch or sdk built), does it...

(A) ...download the whole script to the drone?
(B) ...does it piece meal one command at a time and wait for confirmation before sending the next one?

Thought being... if the drone loses connection while on a scripted flight will the drone finish out the steps or just hover on the last sent before the WiFi loss? I'd like to send it out over my property... dodging trees and the like. While "programming" I'd follow the drone around to make sure each step works, but normally, I'd just fire it off from the house and wait for it to get back.

... and if the answer is currently (B) is that something that...
(1) likely could be changed by the work done by Krag on the Tello Library
(2) is it beyond the capability of the drone
(3) FCC/FAA legality issue?

VBR

If you use "command" mode then it may even not action a command even though it's returned an "OK". It needs to finish the current command before it accepts another. I don't know about direct mode.

All the work being done is local, meaning commands are sent to the drone as they are executed locally. So if you lost wifi connection in the middle of a script, the drone would halt and just stay hovering.
It is not possible to change this behavior without decoding the DJI firmware and flashing our own firmware onto the drone control board.

All the work being done is local, meaning commands are sent to the drone as they are executed locally. So if you lost wifi connection in the middle of a script, the drone would halt and just stay hovering.
It is not possible to change this behavior without decoding the DJI firmware and flashing our own firmware onto the drone control board.
Something like this, written by me, is available at jsolderitsch/tello-nodejs You can prepare a text file of SDK command strings and then send them one by one to the tello. The current sequence time is hardcoded into the javascript source at 5 seconds until the next command. The version is pretty crude but works indoors for me pretty reliably.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen