Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

?? Complete Manual for all settings (e.g., Aircraft Settings)

Jet

Reaction score
Is there a manual that describes all of the "Aircraft Settings"? None of the Manuals listed in the "Tello Quick Links - Manual, Etc." thread seem to cover "Aircraft Settings". Kinda surprised that the main official Tello manual doesn't cover them.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thx

While I didn't find an official Tello manual that covered the Tello's Aircraft Settings I did find a "Hands on Guide" authored by Dave Atkinson that does cover them.

See the link below:

It's actually well done. Thankful that someone took the time to create it. Maybe Ryze should pay this guy to update their manual. :)

If anyone has any other suggestions please respond and provide the link.

Cheers

Full guide here if u search ryde tello manual in google. It does not fully explain tello app setting, u need to learn it on ur own or ask.

Full guide here if u search ryde tello manual in google. It does not fully explain tello app setting, u need to learn it on ur own or ask.

Thanks that was one of the manuals included in the "Tello Quick Links - Manual, Etc." thread that I referenced in my initial inquiry and I've already read.

All I can say is that that it's pretty pathetic that the manufacturer doesn't even document the features of their own product. SMH!

Luckily there are kind people out there that are willing to do the vendor's job for them..per the link I posted above.

Cheers.

Thanks that was one of the manuals included in the "Tello Quick Links - Manual, Etc." thread that I referenced in my initial inquiry and I've already read.

All I can say is that that it's pretty pathetic that the manufacturer doesn't even document the features of their own product. SMH!

Luckily there are kind people out there that are willing to do the vendor's job for them..per the link I posted above.

Cheers.
Most of the features in the app are bery straightforward. I would think it needs no explaination.

Most of the features in the app are bery straightforward. I would think it needs no explaination.

You mean like EV? That's pretty self explanatory, right?

IMO it's ridiculous and just plain lazy that the vendor doesn't even bother to document what these settings. And it's not good enough to just define what these things mean but there should be a general description of the implications of changing these settings. For example, if I set the BitRate to the maximum level...what are the direct and indirect implications of doing that? For example, will setting it to be higher affect battery life & flight time because it's using more processor power? Will it cause the aircraft to run hotter because the processor is working harder? Will it chew up more WiFi bandwidth and therefore decrease flight distance. Will it reduce dropped frames? What does auto "really" mean (i.e., aircraft dynamically determines the best bitrate?...if that's the case why would I want to set it on my own.)

Get my point? Okay I'll get off my soap box.

Lol, maybe I should just feel lucky that I have instructions in English rather than Chinese.

Cheers

You mean like EV? That's pretty self explanatory, right?

IMO it's ridiculous and just plain lazy that the vendor doesn't even bother to document what these settings. And it's not good enough to just define what these things mean but there should be a general description of the implications of changing these settings. For example, if I set the BitRate to the maximum level...what are the direct and indirect implications of doing that? For example, will setting it to be higher affect battery life & flight time because it's using more processor power? Will it cause the aircraft to run hotter because the processor is working harder? Will it chew up more WiFi bandwidth and therefore decrease flight distance. Will it reduce dropped frames? What does auto "really" mean (i.e., aircraft dynamically determines the best bitrate?...if that's the case why would I want to set it on my own.)

Get my point? Okay I'll get off my soap box.

Lol, maybe I should just feel lucky that I have instructions in English rather than Chinese.

Cheers
Yes I know what you mean. I guess there is some level of knowledge assumed to be in the procession of the potential user. These are photography platforms (which some IT and Photo skill is required) as far as the market is concerned. It is about how manage their expectations I suppose. All these things aren’t hard to learn anyway.

Yes I know what you mean. I guess there is some level of knowledge assumed to be in the procession of the potential user. These are photography platforms (which some IT and Photo skill is required) as far as the market is concerned. It is about how manage their expectations I suppose. All these things aren’t hard to learn anyway.

In my case I'm not a camera buff so I'm not super familiar with photography terms, however, that said, there is absolutely NO excuse for a company to release a product to market with product documentation that doesn't cover basic product settings..it's not like these are hidden features. And this product has been out for 2 years? I've been in Product Management for 30+ years so I have a little experience with product documentation. Crappy incomplete documentation reflects poorly on the company..but maybe this is what you get with cheap Chinese products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv