Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Connect Tello to Mesh System

Headbasha

Reaction score
Hello,

Is it possible to connect the Tello to a home wifi or mesh system? I have a ubiquiti UniFi AP AC Mesh system that covers my 5 acres of land. So i have wireless anywhere on my property. I was wondering if it is possible to hook up the Tello to this mesh system and then connect the Tello App on Iphone to network and then control the drone. I want to be able to control my drone from anywhere withing wifi range. If this is possible then i should be able to use a android ios emulator on my computer to download the tello app and then connect to the drone. Then it should be possible to control the drone from my computer.

This is my first drone.

Thanks for any reply.

Reactions: Davenwolf
Hello,

Is it possible to connect the Tello to a home wifi or mesh system? I have a ubiquiti UniFi AP AC Mesh system that covers my 5 acres of land. So i have wireless anywhere on my property. I was wondering if it is possible to hook up the Tello to this mesh system and then connect the Tello App on Iphone to network and then control the drone. I want to be able to control my drone from anywhere withing wifi range. If this is possible then i should be able to use a android ios emulator on my computer to download the tello app and then connect to the drone. Then it should be possible to control the drone from my computer.

I don't think this is possible. The problem is that the Tello is acting as an access point, not as a client connecting to your existing SSID. The only thing you may be able to do, is to reconfigure your access point(s) as wifi repeaters of the Tello SSID. In that configuration you will however not have internet access...

Best regards
Jimmy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv