Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Customer service run around

andyg

Reaction score
Tello touched wall ( basically flying along wall, feather lite touch and engines cut out) causing tello to crash from height and motor completely broke (casing sheared off) and dislodged. I claimed warranty for malfunctioning crash detection unit causing crash and damage, sent tello to Ryze and have had terrible experience/service with claim denied 4 times. With each denial I kept asking for escalation. It’s like dealing with an insurance company trained to deny deny deny. Anyway, tello attribute damage to pilot error. No way. I had deleted tello app whilst tello was in repair assessment. Ryze after having tello for almost a week, asked for flight logs. I explained the app has been deleted. They said oh well, too bad, no data then we still accuse you of pilot error.
What a joke. They have no proof and accuse customer of own fault. Rubbish. Malfunctioning crash detection then engine cut out. So unimpressed.
Anyone else had warranty claim and been given the run around?

S
Tello touched wall ( basically flying along wall, feather lite touch and engines cut out) causing tello to crash from height and motor completely broke (casing sheared off) and dislodged. I claimed warranty for malfunctioning crash detection unit causing crash and damage, sent tello to Ryze and have had terrible experience/service with claim denied 4 times. With each denial I kept asking for escalation. It’s like dealing with an insurance company trained to deny deny deny. Anyway, tello attribute damage to pilot error. No way. I had deleted tello app whilst tello was in repair assessment. Ryze after having tello for almost a week, asked for flight logs. I explained the app has been deleted. They said oh well, too bad, no data then we still accuse you of pilot error.
What a joke. They have no proof and accuse customer of own fault. Rubbish. Malfunctioning crash detection then engine cut out. So unimpressed.
Anyone else had warranty claim and been given the run around?
I agreed..on Ryze without proper evidence... you can't blame them...because on your story..for me its a pilot error... unless you got some proofs and documentation...Ryze is not obligated to process every complaints base on saying.

Reactions: andyg
Well I have tasted their friendly run around!
I have Come to realize that perhaps and I say perhaps. The only time they actually will help you is when it could be a bad board or firmware issue. All other things can be blamed as pilot error. In some aspect I load myself for not going back to the store right away when having motor problems. But.... they are brushed motors and brushed motors tend to break. They are very cheap to buy and not really hard to change. That don't give them the right to a 100% of the times blame the pilot. Thats my 2 cent.

Reactions: andyg and Zeno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv