Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

DIY Tello RC Control

Can you share some info on the HW you used? Are you using separate brushed FC with Spectrum RX?

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance, since I don't know much about RC stuff. Other than when you did the take off, I didn't see you make any stick input during the flight. Can you pre program the flight path with that controller?

Edit: never mind, rewatched it and you did. My mistake.

I am using FrSky, so I will need to figure out the translation of the commands, but it should be fun project. Also the range must be awesome.

I am using FrSky, so I will need to figure out the translation of the commands, but it should be fun project. Also the range must be awesome.

FrSky have small receiver , receiver protocol is sbus, but signal inversion.

I can get uninverted signal from my micro receivers. So it should be pretty straight forward. 8266 is already in transit to my adress, have plenty of MicroUSB connectors in my electronics drawer... I think I need to try it, once I receive all the components :) Sadly Tello has no memory, would be fun to shoot photos and video using my Taranis.

Which variant 8266 do you use? There are a couple of variants available?
And a stationary variant could be used, too. Instead of hooking up the 8266 and the receiver on top of Tello , place it somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan