Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Drone blocks

@warspeed, did you have any luck with your mission? Your code looks good. The only thing I notice is that the battery % isn't showing...were you connected to your Tello or did you take the screen shot after?

Reactions: WARPSPEED
The screen shot was after. I tried again with altered numbers. It flew the mission but it was not accurate measurement wise. I think it need more light and ground texture. I was inside the appartment.

Is there a turn on/off command? Wonder if anybody does a tic-toc like a 3d heli

Hi,

What is the function of the curve block?

I tested it, seems not working.

Anyone tried?

BR,
K

i would recommend a similiar but better App: Tello Edu

It allows you to get the sensors data!!!

The code is fine. Tello seems to miss blocks from time to time. Changing the floor texture can help, as can adding a hover block inbetween moves. It is a bit hit and miss, I am finding. Disapponting when you are wanting to teach code to kids. Another thing I found was to change the inches to be different in each block as this sometimes worked. So, don't use 5" all the time, use a variety of different numbers to see if that makes the code run as expected.

Is there a way to combine commands, such as travel forward a distance WHILE at the same time changing elevation? I don't have my Tello with me to test this but does anyone know whether this will work?

Last edited:
Is there a way to combine commands, such as travel forward a distance WHILE at the same time changing elevation? I don't have my Tello with me to test this but does anyone know whether this will work?
use 'go to x y z' if you want it to elevate while flying forward

My student created a simple code in Drone Blocks then aborted the mission mid-flight and the tello just hovered. Is there a way to take over manual control of the Tello if that happens or force a landing?

My student created a simple code in Drone Blocks then aborted the mission mid-flight and the tello just hovered. Is there a way to take over manual control of the Tello if that happens or force a landing?
Once the mission is aborted, you should be able to clear (trash) the code, then add a land block and "launch mission". Should land with no problem. Another option is to quickly open the Tello App and manually land but I've had luck using the land command block. Hope this helps!

Playing with droneblocks on an ipad mini. I can declare functions and they work but if I save the mission and then call back the mission the function declarations are empty. Checked with show mission code and they are empty.

What can I do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv