Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Drone stuck in a tree for 2 month

Riche_guy

Reaction score
During the winter I decided to get a Tello for indoor use. Cool little drone. This spring took out the Tello and tried to fly over trees. It got caught on the propeller guard on a branch at the way top of the tree. There was no way to get it down. I decided to purchase a new one. I came out everyday to find my drone hanging upside down. It was there for over 2 month through the cold, the rain and wind and to day with the branch filling with leafs and getting top heavy, the wind knocked it down this afternoon!! There was 2 propellers missing. I brought it in, I'm charging the battery now. I put on some new propellers and a battery. Would you believe the drone asked for a firmware update a flew just fine! I can't believe it...

Flydrone

Reaction score
Our little Tello never disappoints us!(y)
Now I wonder if one of his older brothers (a Mavic) would have resisted all this without suffering serious damage .

xaser66

Reaction score
Our little Tello never disappoints us!(y)
Now I wonder if one of his older brothers (a Mavic) would have resisted all this without suffering serious damage .
I have the mavic and spark, but I dont believe that them may resist this kind of endurance... the Tello is really a small wonder! 😆👍

Best regards to you and all here from Costa Rica!

scottalmas

Reaction score
I brought mine on vacation to St. Lucia and it decided to take a dip it in a hot tub (pilot error). I threw it in a bag of rice overnight and she started right up the next day. #tellostrong

rookie

Reaction score
Mine has been about 30’ up a tree in the back yard for 2 months as well. Like you I bought another one. I’ve tried everything to get it down, throwing rocks and slingshots, to no avail. Propeller guards not a good thing outside! They like to hook onto things.
Hoping mine comes down at some point. Will let you know when it does.

PilotPauly

Reaction score
During the winter I decided to get a Tello for indoor use. Cool little drone. This spring took out the Tello and tried to fly over trees. It got caught on the propeller guard on a branch at the way top of the tree. There was no way to get it down. I decided to purchase a new one. I came out everyday to find my drone hanging upside down. It was there for over 2 month through the cold, the rain and wind and to day with the branch filling with leafs and getting top heavy, the wind knocked it down this afternoon!! There was 2 propellers missing. I brought it in, I'm charging the battery now. I put on some new propellers and a battery. Would you believe the drone asked for a firmware update a flew just fine! I can't believe it...
Wow! That's very lucky Buddy 😉

John M

Reaction score
Try a tennis ball launcher. I got mine down from about 35' up a pine tree. Took about 60 attempts and three hits but it finally came down.Inked0604191752_LI.jpg

Riche_guy

Reaction score
If you read to the end of my post, I mention in came down with high winds. The ball thingy sounds like a good idea too!!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PauleMD