Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Edu vs original

Pauly

Reaction score
Hay Y'all,
I have a question about the tello edu and the original tello. I am interested in picking up a tello. I would like to know what are the programing limitations of the original tello? Can I do object recognition and follow with the original, or do I need the tello edu for that level of programing? I understand that I am able to scratch program the original tello, but is python needed for object recognition etc. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Fari
Hay Y'all,
I have a question about the tello edu and the original tello. I am interested in picking up a tello. I would like to know what are the programing limitations of the original tello? Can I do object recognition and follow with the original, or do I need the tello edu for that level of programing? I understand that I am able to scratch program the original tello, but is python needed for object recognition etc. Thanks for your help!

Hey, I guess you purchased your Tello already, maybe not, anyways, I wanna reopen that discussion because I'm gettin quite confused with the differences between Tello and Tello EDU.

My understanding was that the EDU version can connect through LAN while regular Tello can only connect through direct AP.

Now I've red a few time already about the "possibility of coding with Python on EDU". This is weird. I have not began testing with my Cid (EDU Tello) yet but I made a proof of concept last month with Gizmo (non EDU) proving that I could (quite easily) control him through Python scripts on my computer.

Regular Tellos understands Python. I can say that much already.

I am very interested 'bout this but there's too many interesting things with Tellos to tackle everything at once ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode