Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Extender Don't connects...

Md Jawadul Gani

Reaction score
Hi mates,
This error message comes everytime i try to connect my xiaomi wifi extender with tello. Any clues on how to fix that?
Screenshot_20190206-173937.png

Did you add a password to your tello prior to trying to pair the extender?

Don't know what you mean with normal case, but my Tello did not come with a password. Also, the Xiaomi wifi does not work well with characters other than letters and numbers.

The problem starts when it tries to complete the process....before completing the full circle, it says, the connection timed out....can you help me to solve this problem?

The problem starts when it tries to complete the process....before completing the full circle, it says, the connection timed out....can you help me to solve this problem?
I believe I had the same problem. When I was using the Mi Home app, it would never finish the pairing, but the extender's light did turn blue. Does your extender light turn blue? If so, it's successfully paired. The reason it keeps failing in the app, is because you don't have an internet connection with the Tello's Wifi.

Hmm, i also get my blue light. Even got a added wifi, tello plus. But sadly, it does not connect. How did you overcome the challenge? Please care to inform

I told my phone to connect to the Tello_plus network, once the wifi extender had the blue light on.

Blue light means it is connected to the Tello.

Some phones drop the wifi if they detect it does not have internet access. Perhaps your phone is one of them. I notice your version of Android is Vanilla. When you long press the wifi, there should be an option as to not drop the wifi signal, even if it doesn't have internet access.

Reactions: Md Jawadul Gani
Go to Wifi in settings, then go to advance and makr sure the switch to mobile data isn't on.Screenshot_20190206-085543_Settings.jpg

I told my phone to connect to the Tello_plus network, once the wifi extender had the blue light on.

Blue light means it is connected to the Tello.

Some phones drop the wifi if they detect it does not have internet access. Perhaps your phone is one of them. I notice your version of Android is Vanilla. When you long press the wifi, there should be an option as to not drop the wifi signal, even if it doesn't have internet access.
Okay, lemme try again after i get back to my home. I'll keep you informed. Well, thanks for your support mate. Happy flying?

Reactions: Ansia
Okay, lemme try again after i get back to my home. I'll keep you informed. Well, thanks for your support mate. Happy flying?
No worries. If you try it and doesn't work, just report back. I may not always respond quickly, but I always respond within 3 hours tops. If someone else gets here before I do and has a solution, they will post as well. People are always willing to help fellow Tello pilots. So ask away.

It worked!! I had to be a lill tricky. ?
While pairing the repeater with the tello, i minimized the mi home app instantly after seeing the blue light!! And it worked well after i tried with the wifi network tello_plus. Seems like you have to don't let the pairing circle finish, coz, at the end (even after blue light turns on) it will keep sending error message. The trick is to interrupt the pairing process by minimizing the mi home app in the middle of the process. Anyway, Thanks for your help ??

Reactions: Guorium and Ansia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv