Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

FAA Part 107 sUAS Recurrent Test ~

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is just for those who have already passed their Part 107 RPIC test and are coming up on their 24 month time period to become current again.

Here's a great video by one of our sponsors Gold Seal giving some pertinent information about the P107 Recurrent Test.

If you are a Part 61 operator AND you are CURRENT then you only need to take the ONLINE test and PASS it! Print it off and add it to you "On Person" documents in case you get a Ramp Check.

Reactions: Ansia and dirkclod
I bought the King School's Remote Pilot course before I took my Part 107 test. I wish they would add the R next to the courses I need to restudy when my time comes next year. Guess I will be back to this thread and watch this video again to focus on those parts that will need refreshing.

Reactions: BigAl07
Rules are coming to Canada... but Tellos are under weight, but June 1 is a Canadian timeline.

Personally I'll study all the material before the retest. It's good to have a refresher on subjects like weather even if they are not on the test.

Reactions: BigAl07
While I will be flying a Tello in the United States of America, and that thereby makes it so that all laws are void because of the size of the Tello, this doesn’t necessarily make me ignore the law that others may be following. I WOULD like to follow by it...as long as it isn’t something TOO stringent on my flying. But can one of you give me a few details about these laws, so that I can see where/if I wanted to follow along with what you have to know, because you are flying craft larger than a Tello, please? Thank you.

While I will be flying a Tello in the United States of America, and that thereby makes it so that all laws are void because of the size of the Tello, this doesn’t necessarily make me ignore the law that others may be following. I WOULD like to follow by it...as long as it isn’t something TOO stringent on my flying. But can one of you give me a few details about these laws, so that I can see where/if I wanted to follow along with what you have to know, because you are flying craft larger than a Tello, please? Thank you.

Flying a small drone does NOT make all the laws void. You still have to abide by airspace rules and restrictions.

Reactions: Flip
True. Very true. I’m sorry to make it seem like Tello pilots can fly WHENEVER and WHEREVER they want. Tello pilots have definite laws. However, with a heavier drone, more laws enter in. Exactly what these laws are, I don’t know. But before I move up from a Tello, I will certainly learn the laws of that aircraft. ?

True. Very true. I’m sorry to make it seem like Tello pilots can fly WHENEVER and WHEREVER they want. Tello pilots have definite laws. However, with a heavier drone, more laws enter in. Exactly what these laws are, I don’t know. But before I move up from a Tello, I will certainly learn the laws of that aircraft. ?

That's not accurate. The ONLY thing that an sUAS that weighs less than 250gr gets ANY relief from is the legal requirement to REGISTER the aircraft and only then if it's ONLY flown for Hobby/Recreational use.

If ANY sUAS is flown for anything other than Hobby/Recreational use it is required to be registered and mark externally per the FAA.

Any sUAS flown that weighs more than 250gr is to be registered according to it's intended use.

Below are some very pertinent links for you @PaulPFH

Reactions: Ansia and umanbean
As an ex-pilot, if you don't know the rules you should not be flying irrespective of the size of the craft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv