Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

"Find me" mod for Tello?

SJLPHI

Reaction score
Hello,
Today I finally got my Xiaomi wifi 2 range extender and finally got to fly my Tello up to 30m and ~100m away from me. Long story short, at some point the drone was too close to the grass and VPS failed and dragged it across tall (~20cm) dense grass field. I spent the next 2 hours searching for it and literally as I was ready to give up, I saw my Tello by my foot and I was happy to have lost just a rotor over the whole drone.

Now the question is for the future, I want to be able to find this drone when this happens again. I am thinking about attaching a small speaker to beep repeatedly as a "Find me" mod. I do have a spare 3.7V 220mAh battery that can be used for it.

What solutions do the others have so far? I want to weigh my options.

I hear you.

When I do range tests with the Wifi Extenders - I am always nervous about tall grass or brushes because if the Tello goes down - it will be nearly impossible to find in the weeds.

A strobe light (LED) is one way. Another idea is a small tone or sound emitter to tell you exactly where it is (especially when it is heading for Home - and you still can't see it as the drone is so tiny).

Hello,
Today I finally got my Xiaomi wifi 2 range extender and finally got to fly my Tello up to 30m and ~100m away from me. Long story short, at some point the drone was too close to the grass and VPS failed and dragged it across tall (~20cm) dense grass field. I spent the next 2 hours searching for it and literally as I was ready to give up, I saw my Tello by my foot and I was happy to have lost just a rotor over the whole drone.

Now the question is for the future, I want to be able to find this drone when this happens again. I am thinking about attaching a small speaker to beep repeatedly as a "Find me" mod. I do have a spare 3.7V 220mAh battery that can be used for it.

I attached one of these gls trackers onto the bottom of my tello

Hello,

I’ve heard of some pilots attaching a Tile to it.

All of you are presenting really cool ideas. I'm hoping for something less high tech, like a speaker that beeps every 30 seconds or so and feeding off of the main battery. Essentially something I can solder onto the Tello MB and tape/glue within.

All of you are presenting really cool ideas. I'm hoping for something less high tech, like a speaker that beeps every 30 seconds or so and feeding off of the main battery. Essentially something I can solder onto the Tello MB and tape/glue within.
some time ago I saw this video for the installation of a sound buzzer. but personally I have never tested it.

Hello,

What abought a tile sticker bluetooth tracker

Hello,

Reactions: Flydrone
Fantastic! I've seen some of your videos and I really appreciate all of this.
I made a prototype Yagi antenna and will be out tomorrow to do some tests. this is what i did ... it will not be aesthetically good, but i believe her job will.
regards. I made 300 meters with wifi dish and Xiaomi extender.
20210329_192822.jpg

I hear you.

When I do range tests with the Wifi Extenders - I am always nervous about tall grass or brushes because if the Tello goes down - it will be nearly impossible to find in the weeds.

A strobe light (LED) is one way. Another idea is a small tone or sound emitter to tell you exactly where it is (especially when it is heading for Home - and you still can't see it as the drone is so tiny).

Fantastic! I've seen some of your videos and I really appreciate all of this.
I made a prototype Yagi antenna and will be out tomorrow to do some tests. this is what i did ... it will not be aesthetically good, but i believe her job will.
regards. I made 300 meters with wifi dish and Xiaomi extender.
so how did it go? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv