Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Tag tracker bluetooth...

Flydrone

Reaction score
a few days ago, I lost the tello, but after an hour of research I found the child safe and sound!
So I wanted to install an intelligent bluetooth tag tracker. at least I have the last position on Google Maps and a 90 dbi beep.
I have yet to test everything, but I think it's the best solution for this fantastic drone.

Attachments

Flydrone

Reaction score
Last position in the bluetooth range, but what interests us most is the sound when you search for it and get closer to the drone. I'm sure it will be easier to spot the little tello in tall grass or bushes.

Dan

Reaction score
a few days ago, I lost the tello, but after an hour of research I found the child safe and sound!
So I wanted to install an intelligent bluetooth tag tracker. at least I have the last position on Google Maps and a 90 dbi beep.
I have yet to test everything, but I think it's the best solution for this fantastic drone.

Dan

Reaction score
sound great. Do you have a schematic of the device? Thanks.

AReResearch

Reaction score
Website
www.areresearch.net
What a coincidence! I am working on pretty much the same thing: I got myself the cheapest "bluetooth anti-lost tracker" I could find from China (around 2€) and took it's circuit board out. Bought a spare cover and hollowed that out as far as possible. Then made a cut-out for the module and battery.
The next step is to re-seal the cover with some yellow Sugru. and that should be it.
I can then switch betwenn the original white cover and the yellow "anti-lost" cover. TelloMod-AR1-small.jpg
I'll post a link to the instruction video once it is finished.

Reactions: Flydrone

Flydrone

Reaction score
your solution is very interesting.. curious to see more!😉

AReResearch

Reaction score
Website
www.areresearch.net
IMG_4433.JPG IMG_4434.JPG
The "anti lost cover" adds about 6g to the tello's weight. No noticeable effects on flight performance indoors. We'll have to see how it does outdoors. (Pretty pointless to fly indoors with that cover on.)

Reactions: Flydrone

Flydrone

Reaction score
congratulations, a really good job!
curious to know the distance emitted by bluetooth of that tag and what the tracking application offers.
A greeting.
is it possible to have an object link?

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom the Woodsman