Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Tag tracker bluetooth...

Flydrone

Reaction score
a few days ago, I lost the tello, but after an hour of research I found the child safe and sound!
So I wanted to install an intelligent bluetooth tag tracker. at least I have the last position on Google Maps and a 90 dbi beep.
I have yet to test everything, but I think it's the best solution for this fantastic drone.

Attachments

• 20200630_210053.jpg
    20200630_210053.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 63
  • 20200630_210124.jpg
    20200630_210124.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
Last position in the bluetooth range, but what interests us most is the sound when you search for it and get closer to the drone. I'm sure it will be easier to spot the little tello in tall grass or bushes.

a few days ago, I lost the tello, but after an hour of research I found the child safe and sound!
So I wanted to install an intelligent bluetooth tag tracker. at least I have the last position on Google Maps and a 90 dbi beep.
I have yet to test everything, but I think it's the best solution for this fantastic drone.

sound great. Do you have a schematic of the device? Thanks.

What a coincidence! I am working on pretty much the same thing: I got myself the cheapest "bluetooth anti-lost tracker" I could find from China (around 2€) and took it's circuit board out. Bought a spare cover and hollowed that out as far as possible. Then made a cut-out for the module and battery.
The next step is to re-seal the cover with some yellow Sugru. and that should be it.
I can then switch betwenn the original white cover and the yellow "anti-lost" cover.TelloMod-AR1-small.jpg
I'll post a link to the instruction video once it is finished.

congratulations, a really good job!
curious to know the distance emitted by bluetooth of that tag and what the tracking application offers.
A greeting.
is it possible to have an object link?

From the tests in the open field about 10-20 meters but it depends a lot if it finds obstacles.
however, it is already of great help in finding tello in tall grass or bushes.

In addition to the acoustic signal, Filo Tag allows you to have the exact point on the Google Maps map. once you enter the bluetooth range and hook the tag, you will find it 100%

See video test ... without tags it would have been very difficult to find the drone in this situation.
A few days ago, I lost the TELLO near that place in the video ... I still didn't have the tag and it took an hour of searching to find it.
I approached the point of the crash several times, but without seeing it and risking to step on it. With the tag it would have been much less complicated! Obviously you have to know the area where the drone has fallen, otherwise you will look for empty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Suval
The iTAG I use starts losing it's connection at around 10m. Interestingly a bluetooth scanner (nRF Connect) on my iPhone will detect the iTAG from somewhat further away than that.
I still have one of my Tellos missing and I know it's position within 20m of dense shrub and trees. Easy if that one had a 2-4€ tracker attached and make it beep (plus see the signal's strength).
As the iTAG has no location awareness, the app (kindelf or iTracong) can only record the mobile's position when contact was lost. When flying with a range extender, that is a bit of a downside, but chances of finding the Tello are WAY better with a tracker, of course.

Reactions: Flydrone
I agree with you! I believe that for our little tello this is the only solution to be able to find it more easily .. it is certainly an extra help.

From the tests in the open field about 10-20 meters but it depends a lot if it finds obstacles.

In addition to the acoustic signal, Filo Tag allows you to have the exact point on the Google Maps map. once you enter the bluetooth range and hook the tag, you will find it 100%

See video test ... without tags it would have been very difficult to find the drone in this situation.
A few days ago, I lost the TELLO near that place in the video ... I still didn't have the tag and it took an hour of searching to find it.
I approached the point of the crash several times, but without seeing it and risking to step on it. With the tag it would have been much less complicated! Obviously you have to know the area where the drone has fallen, otherwise you will look for empty.
Very nice work, what name should I

Very nice, which comercial name of your bluetooth tag tracker should I look for? Thanks

I did a few more test flights and ran into an issue I can't quite explain. When the app (both the "kindelf" and "iTracing") detects the loss of signal, I have no control over the tello for a little while (10 sec or so for which the Tello just hovers in mid air. - Haven't timed how long exactly). This is annoying. The solution is to fly without the app running to avoid the problem, which is not a huge downside, but far from ideal.
Does the app that comes with the filo tag also exhibit that behavior?

• Sad
I only made 3 flights for a total of about 30 minutes and I didn't find this problem with FiloTag.

Some information from Filo technical support.

Filo is a device (bluetooth tracker) that uses Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (BLE 4.0 LE) technology.
Filo Classic works at a distance that varies between 10-80m from the smartphone to which it has been connected, Filo Tag instead has a maximum range of 120 m, which cannot be increased.

NB: Since Filo uses Bluetooth, it is affected by the conformation of the surrounding environment; therefore the operating distance can be influenced by walls or other obstacles present in closed and open spaces. This implies that in optimal conditions Wire / Wire Tag reaches the maximum distance indicated, while in places characterized by the presence of obstacles, it may be reduced.

For anything we remain at your disposal.

A greeting,
the Filo team

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv