Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Fly away

entellus

Reaction score
Completly just flew away. 2nd time using it. :(

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

No searched until dark. Filling out something with ryze now. It was weird. Lost wifi connection and it just started going higher and higher

Sorry for your loss.

Was it windy? How high and far away was it?

As far as I know if it loses connection, it is supposed to hover in place.

Chris

Sorry for your loss.

Was it windy? How high and far away was it?

As far as I know if it loses connection, it is supposed to hover in place.

Chris
I thought it was suppose to land.

Tello will continue for a few seconds to do whatever it did when the connection is lost. Might be climbing.
After that it should just hover, and after a minute will try to auto-land.
So your drone should not be miles away.

Tello will continue for a few seconds to do whatever it did when the connection is lost. Might be climbing.
The same happend to me. It was some wind. I found it since I saw on the video it eventually crashed with a big tree..and its not so many trees there. I used the phone with no wifi extender to navigate. So, wifi.

Im headed up to look today. After rewatching video i think it turned and headed back a bit and i may have looked in the wrong places

Yesterday, my Tello got a mind of it's own. It started climbing then dropped, then climbed again and flew sideways into a small tree. Now she won't take off at all. She just sort of gimps to one side and shuts down. She's still within my Best Buy return period so back to the store I go.

Yesterday, my Tello got a mind of it's own. It started climbing then dropped, then climbed again and flew sideways into a small tree. Now she won't take off at all. She just sort of gimps to one side and shuts down. She's still within my Best Buy return period so back to the store I go.
I bought from dji. Trying to do a claim . sent them last videi and log from controller

Mine did similar thing, just started going higher and higher like crazy. However there was ideal wifi connection and I was close to tello. It climbed easily 50m and wind blowed it somewhere. Found it and support decided that warranty repair is needed after seeing logs. Tello is really great, as long as it works properly, but it seems that price point affects build and software quality :(

Perhaps because of the fact that Tello has been disturbed by interference from others ... or is there a problem in the latest firmware?
Have all the calibrations been performed correctly?
The flight in open fields far away from houses or antennas, and for now has never had such problems. Only a couple of times, certainly because of the wind and the moving grass, Tello was drifting and I could not go on ... VPS did not read the ground.

Reactions: ChrisWu
Last video and controller data thats logged on the phone. It showed that it went to much higher altitude than it should have and lost connection and flew away

Last video and controller data thats logged on the phone. It showed that it went to much higher altitude than it should have and lost connection and flew away

Ohh. If this happens to me, I will be screwed, since I never use the official app.

I just had my first flyaway. From a hover six feet off the ground and six feet away from the iphone it just took off straight up at a speed that I've never seen it climb before. It finally hit tree tree limbs about 40' off the ground (it's set for a 10m ceiling) and free-fell from the tree, breaking a motor off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv