Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Fly away

I bought from dji. Trying to do a claim . sent them last videi and log from controller

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk
How do you remove the log, from the app? They were not able to help me much from Tello. They are asking to review the log, but do not offer any type of instructions, or help with Android or Mac. I have it on an iPhone. It should not be very different from the Android.

How do you remove the log, from the app? They were not able to help me much from Tello. They are asking to review the log, but do not offer any type of instructions, or help with Android or Mac. I have it on an iPhone. It should not be very different from the Android.
Connect your iPhone to your computer, launch iTunes and wait until the phone icon appears on the upper left above the sidebar. Click the phone icon and you should see the phone details appear. On the left sidebar under settings you should see 'File Sharing'. Click it and you will see a list of iPhone apps that have file sharing capabilities. Scroll down until you see Tello. When you click it you will see a list of all the Tello documents. The 'Log' folder is the one you want. Save it to your desktop and then you can disconnect your iPhone and close iTunes. The Log folder has every single Tello flight in DAT file format. They are arranged by date like this : 20190529171708.DAT. Find the file you want and send it to Ryze as requested.

Hope this helps.

Chris

So, my question are, how do we prefent this fly away? I almost lost my tello, just fly around 15 meters above trees.

But thanks to tello fpv app, that giving me an alert sign said *vps failed* or some sort like that, then I jumped and chase my tello and it recovered.

I did try to fly 30M without problem, but how can it failed around 15M? Is it because tello failed to detect the ground? Cos it happened when tello above the trees?

So, my question are, how do we prefent this fly away? I almost lost my tello, just fly around 15 meters above trees.

But thanks to tello fpv app, that giving me an alert sign said *vps failed* or some sort like that, then I jumped and chase my tello and it recovered.

I did try to fly 30M without problem, but how can it failed around 15M? Is it because tello failed to detect the ground? Cos it happened when tello above the trees?
Picture yourself in Tello's position: All you know is altitude (barometer) and a shaky pinhole view of the ground (the VPS camera). And you have no idea what a tree / house is and that it is higher than ground.

Now Tello flies forward at 15m altitude. The ground in the VPS camera image moves as expected given altitude and acceleration / speed. The limbs of the trees however move through view at totally different speed, much faster than expected .
So one part of the image does what its supposed todo, the other part not. VPS gets mad about this and there is no way around this (other than buying a GPS drone).

If you want to prevent this type of problem: Fly in open areas, no trees, no houses, no slopes or hills.

Reactions: ChrisWu
Picture yourself in Tello's position: All you know is altitude (barometer) and a shaky pinhole view of the ground (the VPS camera). And you have no idea what a tree / house is and that it is higher than ground.

Now Tello flies forward at 15m altitude. The ground in the VPS camera image moves as expected given altitude and acceleration / speed. The limbs of the trees however move through view at totally different speed, much faster than expected .
So one part of the image does what its supposed todo, the other part not. VPS gets mad about this and there is no way around this (other than buying a GPS drone).

If you want to prevent this type of problem: Fly in open areas, no trees, no houses, no slopes or hills.

Okay, I get the picture now, its all about what vps camera see, so trees are definately NO, because it moves all the time. But how about open space hills or slopes, without obstacles?

Or beach? I mean the sand, not the sea water?

Okay, I get the picture now, its all about what vps camera see, so trees are definately NO, because it moves all the time. But how about open space hills or slopes, without obstacles?

Or beach? I mean the sand, not the sea water?
Whenever the barometer gives an altitude that does not match true altitude all vps data can be way off.

Beach with waves washing up can cause issues, but even a clean beach or sand dune can cause trouble.
Tello is not made for extreme conditions, more for flying in the backyard. If you go fuether just be prepared...

Reactions: ChrisWu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wroxel