Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

FPV anyone?

So far, the only way I know of to do this is to attach a separate 5.8 ghz video transmitter to the Tello (as others have done). Either include a 1C battery to run it, or steal power off of the Tello itself to make the camera/transmitter run. I'll probably go that route myself as the video lag is problematic (even inside my own home with me no more than 10' from the Tello).

So far, the only way I know of to do this is to attach a separate 5.8 ghz video transmitter to the Tello (as others have done). Either include a 1C battery to run it, or steal power off of the Tello itself to make the camera/transmitter run. I'll probably go that route myself as the video lag is problematic (even inside my own home with me no more than 10' from the Tello).
Have you tried a Wifi extender? This can help and /or solve your issue. Works for me :)

Extender solves the jitter & frame drop issue but not the lag. In fact it adds a millisecond or two.
Ahh good to know. I don't have lag issues that a lot of people report. I guess I am just lucky.:)

Ahh good to know. I don't have lag issues that a lot of people report. I guess I am just lucky.:)
Depends what kind of FPV you do. If you want to through some obstacle Parcours using FPV, then 200ms is too much. If you are cruising along outside, or use it for positioning your drone for the best shots, then 200ms is fine

Some exciting news! a few days ago, I was able to successfully side load the Tello apk file from my phone, to my Oculus Go with ADB tools and use the FPV mode to view, while using the Gamesir T1d to control. FYI video record mode does give a larger viewing area for whatever reason and WiFi range seems to be about the same as using my Samsung Galaxy S8. I do plan to use the Xiaomi WiFi Repeater 2 this weekend with it to see how well it preforms with the extender.

With that said I have also loaded the DJI enterprise apks and was able to sign to my account, however I have not tried to fly the Phantom yet.

Reactions: ph2t

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen