Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Fpv app for iPhone ???

Hi there,

all modes 1-4 are supported.
Simple gridlines are not yet there but will come in January. It's an easy thing but right now I have to focus on the important things to get the first release out of the door

Hi there,

all modes 1-4 are supported.
Simple gridlines are not yet there but will come in January. It's an easy thing but right now I have to focus on the important things to get the first release out of the door
Awesome. Thank you

sorry for the delay. Stumbled over a nasty race condition that is really hard to track down...
Hard to guess when it's done, could be minutes or days :-(

OK, it was an hour. Lucky me.
So the first beta version was just released to play store. It's awaiting approval from Apple and once approved, an invitation email will automatically be sent out to all people who mailed me their email to become beta testers.

You will need Apple testflight installed to access the app. If you don't know what Testflight is: google it! No support for Testflight from my side (thats like asking the car dealer to give you driving lessons).

Status of the app: All major building blocks are in place and all basics should work OK. Most autopilots and some other functions (headless, flip buttons, etc) are missing but support for autopilots is there: RTH works and Lock POI works, too.
External controllers are only supported if recognized by iOS, and button / function mapping as well as tuning isn't there yet (except for cine mode).
Most of the missing parts are half ready and should be released over the next two weeks
Except the manual, that will take longer... so for now the manual for the Android version is included

Anyway, I think its good to play with for a few days. Have fun but stay safe and fly indoors only, and with prop guards on !

I'll be offline and drunk for the next day or so. Guten Rutsch! as we say in germany ?

Reactions: Rec0n
OK, Apple has accepted, and the invitation mail has been sent.
If. someone wants to join:

2020 has 4 hours left here. Time to get a drink! Cheers!?

Took it for a spin on my iPhone X. Few notes after 1 flight:

1. Timer after takeoff doesn’t work.
2. After takeoff the label doesn’t change to land. This concerned me at first but I was thankfully relieved after I hit land and it did indeed land.
3. RTH did work.
4. When doing a screen recording I lost contact with the drone for a few seconds. This also induced a level of panic until it decided to respond after a few seconds.
5. Connecting to the repeater continues to be problematic with iOS but this has nothing to do with your app. I have problems with the stock app as well. With my android I’ve been connecting without issue so far.
6. Buttons in menu don’t show up well. They’re partially cut off.
7. Stretch video. I decided to turn this off but understand why someone may want it. It’s not for me though.

Oh I don’t remember it ever beeping when it said VPS inactive. I’m pretty sure my android does.

Thanks for the feedback. Next release will include fixes.
1) done
2) done
3 (y)
4) Works for me
5) not tested but as you say, it's nothing an app can change or handle, this is an OS thing
6) done ( Settings is just preliminary, I'll polish this when ready for first release
7) I'll make "stretch=off" the initial setting as "stretch=on" looks weird on phones like yours
8) done

Last edited:
It’s raining for the next few days and I can’t fly inside as the Tello hates my floors and the VPS never works (dark laminate flooring). Once it clears I’ll fly some more and do more testing. Looks like I may have a window tomorrow. I did some videos/screenshots but it was easy enough to describe initial things.

Reactions: volate!lo
I tested some yesterday. I need to video the whole flights but I keep forgetting. I feel like the rotate on iOS is faster than the stock Tello app or on android (TELLOFPV). I need to do a better comparison. Also I’m still having intermittent connection issues.

Reactions: volate!lo
All controls will have the same speed at 100%, but currently the expo is set to 30%. It's configurable in theory but there is no configuration screen for this yet. I don't want to make it just like the Android version because this is a constant headache, too many people don't understand what they are doing in there.

I also have intermittent connection issues but only on startup. Sometimes it connects, drops the connection a second later, but afterwards it's OK. Still need to find that one...

Currently working on the autopilots though, need to use the calm weather here

OK, it was an hour. Lucky me.
So the first beta version was just released to play store. It's awaiting approval from Apple and once approved, an invitation email will automatically be sent out to all people who mailed me their email to become beta testers.

You will need Apple testflight installed to access the app. If you don't know what Testflight is: google it! No support for Testflight from my side (thats like asking the car dealer to give you driving lessons).

Status of the app: All major building blocks are in place and all basics should work OK. Most autopilots and some other functions (headless, flip buttons, etc) are missing but support for autopilots is there: RTH works and Lock POI works, too.
External controllers are only supported if recognized by iOS, and button / function mapping as well as tuning isn't there yet (except for cine mode).
Most of the missing parts are half ready and should be released over the next two weeks
Except the manual, that will take longer... so for now the manual for the Android version is included

Anyway, I think its good to play with for a few days. Have fun but stay safe and fly indoors only, and with prop guards on !

I'll be offline and drunk for the next day or so. Guten Rutsch! as we say in germany ?
hi...

Hope you had a great Sylvester (ראש השנה טוב)
Please include me in your IOS beta-testing if still available
My email is [email protected]

Prost, Ian Creighton

Did a quick indoor flight with the beta. Flypad connected ok. This alone is reason enough for me to buy the app. Noticed that the home icon sometimes got weird, very large and rotated by 90 deg.

Home locator rotating is OK as the "home" becomes an "arrow" indicating shortest rotation towards home, increasing size is not. I thought I had fixed this.

Still only indoor testing the autopilots due to weather... Maybe I will do an interim release with autopilots today

Home locator rotating is OK as the "home" becomes an "arrow" indicating shortest rotation towards home, increasing size is not. I thought I had fixed this.

Still only indoor testing the autopilots due to weather... Maybe I will do an interim release with autopilots today
Hi! Did a quick indoor test. I have no propeller guards (waiting for them to arrive) and am not enjoying as much as I could.
A quick observation: I mapped the hand land button to the flypad and saw that the 1 after the 5 sec countdown sticks on screen forever. Should be a quick fix.

Again I can't stress enough how great the flypad controller is. The linearity of the sticks is amazing.

Hi! Did a quick indoor test. I have no propeller guards (waiting for them to arrive) and am not enjoying as much as I could.
A quick observation: I mapped the hand land button to the flypad and saw that the 1 after the 5 sec countdown sticks on screen forever. Should be a quick fix.

Again I can't stress enough how great the flypad controller is. The linearity of the sticks is amazing.
Thanks for the feedback, will look into this today.

Flypad is an amazing piece of kit. Completely different league compared to Gamesir.

v1.1.0 officially hit the play store

I will continue to drop new beta versions every couple of days until things stabilize

Reactions: trelo
v1.1.0 officially hit the play store

I will continue to drop new beta versions every couple of days until things stabilize

Installed it a while ago. I think that Tello remains the only fan to fly "photographic" drone. Your app on iOS mean a lot to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, thats what I think, too. I just hope they make a Tello 2 in the near future.

My Mini is a dust collector, and my larger drones have been sold for lack of use. Just too much hassle.

Reactions: trelo

I currently have the TD1 and am going to take your advice and get a flypad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv