Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Galaxy S20, Tello EDU problems

WolfSpring

Reaction score
I just upgraded my phone to the Galaxy S20 Ultra and went through all the fun of usb debugging and everything else, and it seemed to be working really well, but the video has a bunch of green and red lines and is almost black and white other than that. I read up what I could find and some suggested firmware. I have yest to get the EDU to be able to upgrade the firware using the normal Tello app so I'm not sure if there is a special way to do the EDU or not? There isn't a lot on it that I can find, plenty on the normal Tello, but no the EDU. I'm going to find my daughters normal Tello and see if I can replicate the problem with both the lines and the firmware, but for now I figured I'd see if someone else had any issues like this and found an answer.

So I was able to replicate the problem on the normal Tello. There is nothing saying I need a firware update, so I think that's why I can't update it, I tried manually doing it through the settings with no luck. I've seen others with no issues on their S20 Ultras on this forum so I'm not sure if it's a phone issue, but it's the only thing in common between them and I haven't flown them on this phone before.

Hi there. I too also have a Samsung S20 Ultra and have the issue with the green and red distorted video. When flying the drone, the video looks fine. When playing it back it does not. I tested the app on my LG G6 and it works fine, so I have to assume it is a phone codec issue. I checked the drone to make sure there weren't any loose wires, uninstalled and reinstalled the APP. I have the iron man tello. I tried (3) apps. I calibrated, and still no luck. It also isn't just lines. I can also see some image duplication. Did you ever figure this out ?

I did not. I have both the normal tello and the EDU and same thing multiple apps same problem. I haven't really played around I use an old Galaxy S7 when I do fly and my daughter uses her iPhone with no issues. I did a lot of searching and couldn't find anything on it, had almost forgot that I posted here until I got an email about your reply. I'm hoping if enough issues come up with it being a newer phone they'll do an update to the app soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv