I got my T1d today (ordered 4/13). Impressions so far and I'll update if anything changes.
- Comes in a nice box.
- Controller and manual. No usb for charging.
- Feels nice and sturdy.
- Good grip.
- Lights up pretty.
- Phone holder is good and strong.
- The Tello software on my Samsung S6 paired with no problems (so far).
- Flight controls are pretty good. They feel responsive and it is obviously much better than using the touch screen.
- As it is now the T1d will only work with the Tello and no other games or VRheadsets. That may not be a problem for some but it is a big negative for me. I had planned to use it for other purposes. And it seems unlikely I will get another drone that will connect to it. I hope they release a new firmware to make it more generally compatible or I don't think I'll ever actually use most of the really nice buttons on the thing.
- As others have stated using it did cause noticeable video interference. The Tello already has problems with video range and this makes it worse. I would think the best fix would be to support plugging the controller into the phone using an OTG. That should be possible. If they want to.