Hello Tello!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamesir T1d review.

Krag

I got my T1d today (ordered 4/13). Impressions so far and I'll update if anything changes.

The good
  • Comes in a nice box.
  • Controller and manual. No usb for charging.
  • Feels nice and sturdy.
  • Good grip.
  • Lights up pretty.
  • Phone holder is good and strong.
  • The Tello software on my Samsung S6 paired with no problems (so far).
  • Flight controls are pretty good. They feel responsive and it is obviously much better than using the touch screen.

The not good.
  • As it is now the T1d will only work with the Tello and no other games or VRheadsets. That may not be a problem for some but it is a big negative for me. I had planned to use it for other purposes. And it seems unlikely I will get another drone that will connect to it. I hope they release a new firmware to make it more generally compatible or I don't think I'll ever actually use most of the really nice buttons on the thing.
  • As others have stated using it did cause noticeable video interference. The Tello already has problems with video range and this makes it worse. I would think the best fix would be to support plugging the controller into the phone using an OTG. That should be possible. If they want to.
So in light of the fact you can't use it with the Tello without video interference and you cant use it with anything else. I would recommend holding out for a better option.

Last edited:
As in lots of other posts for controllers, if people already have a game controller or would like to play games but not only tello, try Octopus, it is a free gamepad mapping app. It works great with my s8+ and an old ipega9021 controller.

Tom 19941

As in lots of other posts for controllers, if people already have a game controller or would like to play games but not only tello, try Octopus, it is a free gamepad mapping app. It works great with my s8+ and an old ipega9021 controller.
Yes! Download the Octopus app! You can fly the Tello with a Gamesir T1 gamepad with augumentation of the Octopus app.!!! I did it today and I'm so happy! Don't need the virtual joysticks in the Tello app. Only thing I noticed is that I couldn't fly FPV for some reason.

I cannot pair the Tello app with the t1d on my Samsung J3 (Android 7.0).

Could you please let us know which versions of software (Tello app) and firmware (Gamesir T1d) you have .

Thank you in advance !!!

I got my T1d today (ordered 4/13). Impressions so far and I'll update if anything changes.

The good
  • Comes in a nice box.
  • Controller and manual. No usb for charging.
  • Feels nice and sturdy.
  • Good grip.
  • Lights up pretty.
  • Phone holder is good and strong.
  • Flight controls are pretty good. They feel responsive and it is obviously much better than using the touch screen.

The not good.
  • As it is now the T1d will only work with the Tello and no other games or VRheadsets. That may not be a problem for some but it is a big negative for me. I had planned to use it for other purposes. And it seems unlikely I will get another drone that will connect to it. I hope they release a new firmware to make it more generally compatible or I don't think I'll ever actually use most of the really nice buttons on the thing.
  • As others have stated using it did cause noticeable video interference. The Tello already has problems with video range and this makes it worse. I would think the best fix would be to support plugging the controller into the phone using an OTG. That should be possible. If they want to.
So in light of the fact you can't use it with the Tello without video interference and you cant use it with anything else. I would recommend holding out for a better option.
In order to overcame the video issues when using the gamepad to control the Tello you have to use the Xiaomi WiFi extender to increase the WiFi signal coming and going to the Tello. It will fix the problema with the gamepad and you will have an alost professional video ad photo drone. :)

Krag

I cannot pair the Tello app with the t1d on my Samsung J3 (Android 7.0).

Could you please let us know which versions of software (Tello app) and firmware (Gamesir T1d) you have .

Thank you in advance !!!

App version is 1.2.2 Not sure about the firmware but it is the latest.

GameSir T1d/T1/T1s/G4/G4s HAVE BEED adapted to control RYZE DJI Tello
Read before try: ONLY GameSir T1d adopted to control RYZE DJI Tello

Seems that this had been updated recently :( Any "lucky" G4/G4s+TELLO owner, who can confirm if it works/worked?

I really need some well-built BT controller which I can ocasionally use also with my Mi Box (Android TV).
Where is Thurstmaster and Logitech these days? GameSir for the win, just make something universal please!

T1 is beautiful piece of hardware anyway.

Seems that this had been updated recently :( Any "lucky" G4/G4s+TELLO owner, who can confirm if it works/worked?

I really need some well-built BT controller which I can ocasionally use also with my Mi Box (Android TV).
Where is Thurstmaster and Logitech these days? GameSir for the win, just make something universal please!

UPDATE: New link on GAMESIRs product page!
GameSir-T1d Firmware Upgrade tool -> Android APP (.apk) | Apple APP

GameSir = XiaoJI :)

Any experience anyone?

The ONLY T1d is definitely no longer true

The G3S works with iPhone over Bluetooth

GameSir T1 Extended Edition appeared on GearBest.

Should be able to work with TELLO and all the other stuff like AdroidTV/PC/iOS etc.
I am going to order this one

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRONES&CIA IMPORTAÇÕES