Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamesir T1d review.

Krag

Reaction score
I got my T1d today (ordered 4/13). Impressions so far and I'll update if anything changes.

The good
  • Comes in a nice box.
  • Controller and manual. No usb for charging.
  • Feels nice and sturdy.
  • Good grip.
  • Lights up pretty.
  • Phone holder is good and strong.
  • The Tello software on my Samsung S6 paired with no problems (so far).
  • Flight controls are pretty good. They feel responsive and it is obviously much better than using the touch screen.

The not good.
  • As it is now the T1d will only work with the Tello and no other games or VRheadsets. That may not be a problem for some but it is a big negative for me. I had planned to use it for other purposes. And it seems unlikely I will get another drone that will connect to it. I hope they release a new firmware to make it more generally compatible or I don't think I'll ever actually use most of the really nice buttons on the thing.
  • As others have stated using it did cause noticeable video interference. The Tello already has problems with video range and this makes it worse. I would think the best fix would be to support plugging the controller into the phone using an OTG. That should be possible. If they want to.
So in light of the fact you can't use it with the Tello without video interference and you cant use it with anything else. I would recommend holding out for a better option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtian and Londroner
As in lots of other posts for controllers, if people already have a game controller or would like to play games but not only tello, try Octopus, it is a free gamepad mapping app. It works great with my s8+ and an old ipega9021 controller.

Reactions: Tom 19941
As in lots of other posts for controllers, if people already have a game controller or would like to play games but not only tello, try Octopus, it is a free gamepad mapping app. It works great with my s8+ and an old ipega9021 controller.
Yes! Download the Octopus app! You can fly the Tello with a Gamesir T1 gamepad with augumentation of the Octopus app.!!! I did it today and I'm so happy! Don't need the virtual joysticks in the Tello app. Only thing I noticed is that I couldn't fly FPV for some reason.

I got my T1d today (ordered 4/13). Impressions so far and I'll update if anything changes.

The good
  • Comes in a nice box.
  • Controller and manual. No usb for charging.
  • Feels nice and sturdy.
  • Good grip.
  • Lights up pretty.
  • Phone holder is good and strong.
  • The Tello software on my Samsung S6 paired with no problems (so far).
  • Flight controls are pretty good. They feel responsive and it is obviously much better than using the touch screen.

The not good.
  • As it is now the T1d will only work with the Tello and no other games or VRheadsets. That may not be a problem for some but it is a big negative for me. I had planned to use it for other purposes. And it seems unlikely I will get another drone that will connect to it. I hope they release a new firmware to make it more generally compatible or I don't think I'll ever actually use most of the really nice buttons on the thing.
  • As others have stated using it did cause noticeable video interference. The Tello already has problems with video range and this makes it worse. I would think the best fix would be to support plugging the controller into the phone using an OTG. That should be possible. If they want to.
So in light of the fact you can't use it with the Tello without video interference and you cant use it with anything else. I would recommend holding out for a better option.

In order to overcame the video issues when using the gamepad to control the Tello you have to use the Xiaomi WiFi extender to increase the WiFi signal coming and going to the Tello. It will fix the problema with the gamepad and you will have an alost professional video ad photo drone. :)

GameSir T1d/T1/T1s/G4/G4s HAVE BEED adapted to control RYZE DJI Tello

Read before try: ONLY GameSir T1d adopted to control RYZE DJI Tello

Seems that this had been updated recently :( Any "lucky" G4/G4s+TELLO owner, who can confirm if it works/worked?

I really need some well-built BT controller which I can ocasionally use also with my Mi Box (Android TV).
Where is Thurstmaster and Logitech these days? GameSir for the win, just make something universal please!

T1 is beautiful piece of hardware anyway.

Seems that this had been updated recently :( Any "lucky" G4/G4s+TELLO owner, who can confirm if it works/worked?

I really need some well-built BT controller which I can ocasionally use also with my Mi Box (Android TV).
Where is Thurstmaster and Logitech these days? GameSir for the win, just make something universal please!

UPDATE: New link on GAMESIRs product page!
GameSir-T1d Firmware Upgrade tool -> Android APP (.apk) | Apple APP

GameSir = XiaoJI :)

Any experience anyone?

The ONLY T1d is definitely no longer true

The G3S works with iPhone over Bluetooth

Reactions: nicecontrast
GameSir T1 Extended Edition appeared on GearBest.

Should be able to work with TELLO and all the other stuff like AdroidTV/PC/iOS etc.
I am going to order this one

Please someone reply to me. I am in horrible tension right now. I told my sister who is living in Sydney of Australia to bring me a bluetooth controller to play PUBG Mobile and on pc. But she bought me a Gamesir T1d controller. So I searched on Google as well as Youtube and there were no videos about T1d used to play games. So anyone who is the owner of this controller can help me out with this situation. Will I be able to play PUBG Mobile with this controller or not? Please reply fast.

Hi
I recently got a Tello and GameSir T1d, I installed the Tello app and the T1d Upgrade Tool. When running the Upgrade Tool it was unable to find the T1d, even when it was connected by bluetooth. The T1d connects with the Tello app and works fine, all functions seem to work ok.
There is one thing I can't work out is the small blue light you see when you open the phone holder, there are four lightswith a symbol over each, from left to right they are android, apple, a mouse, and a sort of X (x box maybe). By default the X one is lit regardless of being connected to an android phone, S8. Does anyone what these are for?
Thanks guys

Since a few days i own a tello and the Gamesir T1d
I am very happy to own the T1d

The Controller Looks very good. Good material Feeling an build Quality are good. The smartphone holder is easy to use and keep the smartphone in place.
It is much more easier to fly the tello when you are using the T1D than using the Smartphone controls.

The flight controls are very good. Even for me (totally beginner) it is very easy to fly the tello when i am using the T1d. I do not see any relevant time lag between my controls and the response of the tello.

Sometimes i have some troubles to pair the T1d with my Huawei P20 Smartphone. Then i have to try it several times until "connected" is shown. Once it is connected the connection is very stable.
Important for my setting: Try to connect when the tello App is started and using the app to connect. Do not use the Bluetooth-Setting function of the Smartphone to connect. Only turn on the bluetooth and do the Setup and connection inside the tello app.

Sometimes you can reed that the video quality drops when you are using the T1d. (interferences between bluetooth and the wifi) In my case i do not have big troubles with that. But i will buy a wifi-repeater additional to improve the Signal Quality and to extend the range.

regards
sfs-archery

IMG_20181005_163713.jpg

Reactions: Garv
There is one thing I can't work out is the small blue light you see when you open the phone holder, there are four lightswith a symbol over each, from left to right they are android, apple, a mouse, and a sort of X (x box maybe). By default the X one is lit regardless of being connected to an android phone, S8. Does anyone what these are for?
Thanks guys

I believe you have T1s or T1, because my T1d does not have those leds.

Reactions: Garv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv