Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamesir T1D spoiling video smoothness

just don't use controller and extender and you have: A simple short range no-fuss camera drone.

You don't have to add a controller, extender, VR goggles, etc but if you do you have to live with the implications. Which IMO aren't that bad, it takes me maybe 30s battery time to prepare and 30s on the ground is maybe 6s flight time so nothing to worry about.

If thats too much in your view then the only option you have is: stick to $20 non-camera toy drones with dedicated controller and its much easier. But they don't do much but fly.

For a somewhat "smart" drone Tello is already very easy to use. Other smart drones have different problems that are often much harder to overcome: Some may not even let you fly because you happen to be (indoors) in a NFZ, because you haven't updated the NFZ database for some time, because the app is outdated, the drone can't get a GPS fix, or the IMU calibration is off, etc.

Reactions: raulvolador
just don't use controller and extender and you have: A simple short range no-fuss camera drone.
That's exactly what I do 98.6% of the time.

I have a Gamesir T1s and Mi 2 extender but hardly ever use them.

Just turn on Tello, whip out my phone, start TelloFPV, connect to Tello Wi-Fi AP, and take off.

I never start airplane mode on the phone, or even turn off Bluetooth. Photos are sharp, video is smooth, and I have the on-screen sticks tuned exactly right so control is perfect... K.I.S.S.

Edited to add: And when I do use the controller and extender, I've never bothered with what order to start things, or to 'kill' previously started apps... never had a problem at all

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv