Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamesir T1d versus the Nimbus Steelseries Controller?

nutsnbolts

Reaction score
Ok, so there is about a $10 to $15 difference in price for getting one over the other.

From my understanding, either controller works wonderfully with the Tello Drone, or at least what I have read so far. I do have the Gamesir T1D and from my experience, it has worked great!

My question is, for those who has one or the other or BOTH, which do you prefer?

I am looking to possibly by the Nimbus now since it's a solid controller but it also can be used as a game controller unlike the T1D.

All in hindsight and I wish I just went with the Nimbus from the start instead of wasting it on a T1D that can only be used for the Tello Drone.

What are your thoughts?

I really don't want to read this thread since I've just ordered a Gamesir T1d. :) However, what sold the Gamesir to me was that it had a cradle to hold my iPhone whereas, as far as I can see, the Nimbus Steelseries doesn't. Surely that makes it difficult to use with your phone on the move. Is is just the fact that the Gamesir can't handle games? I can live with that as I need the controller for my Tello, not games.

I really don't want to read this thread since I've just ordered a Gamesir T1d. :) However, what sold the Gamesir to me was that it had a cradle to hold my iPhone whereas, as far as I can see, the Nimbus Steelseries doesn't. Surely that makes it difficult to use with your phone on the move. Is is just the fact that the Gamesir can't handle games? I can live with that as I need the controller for my Tello, not games.

That is true, dedicated controller for the Tello but for an extra 15, the bluetooth controller can have other uses. Reality for me is that the tello is a phase till the next new things comes out and well guess what, your $30 dedicated T1d Gamesir is useless. Of course the Nimbus on the other hand, from my understanding, can be used for other things and possibly future other type of bluetooth devices (drone/phone/etc.)

Of course, you can say that for all the other DJI controllers for Mavic, Spark, etc. but from that perspective those require HIGH QUALITY controllers for the price you invested in the drone and not chancing it on anything else.

Reactions: Londroner
That is true, dedicated controller for the Tello but for an extra 15, the bluetooth controller can have other uses. Reality for me is that the tello is a phase till the next new things comes out and well guess what, your $30 dedicated T1d Gamesir is useless. Of course the Nimbus on the other hand, from my understanding, can be used for other things and possibly future other type of bluetooth devices (drone/phone/etc.)

Is is possible that Gamesir might make the T1d game-compatible with a future firmware update?

Is is possible that Gamesir might make the T1d game-compatible with a future firmware update?

Always a possibility. What I don't understand is that originally these controllers were made for phone gaming and what not but when Gamesir came out with the T1D it seems like it's a rushed job to get the controller out to support the drone. I don't know.

Always a possibility. What I don't understand is that originally these controllers were made for phone gaming and what not but when Gamesir came out with the T1D it seems like it's a rushed job to get the controller out to support the drone. I don't know.
Could be, but i saw pictures of the inside of the T1d when it was in development, and it seems like a stripped out version of the T1 and T1s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv