Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamesir T1S >>>> T1D [why you shouldn't buy Gamesir T1D, they usually come in a package with DJI Tello]

SJLPHI

Reaction score
Hello,
recently I recieved my Gamsir T1S (Gamesir T1S Wired Wireless Bluetooth GamePad Controller For PC PS3 Android Phone | eBay). I actually bought and returned a Gamesir T1D in the past because I couldn't stomach the latency introduced by bluetooth connection.

Here's what I discovered:
With bluetooth connection Gamsir T1S and T1D both have latency of 1~2 seconds + messes with video feed even with Xiaomi Wifi 2 range extender.
With Gamesir T1S connected to the phone using OTG cable has latency of ~0.25 seconds, and no problem with video feed with or without Xiaomi Wifi 2 range extender.

Bottom line, gamesir T1S is slightly more expensive ~10USD than the Gamesir T1D, and there are a lot of package deals out there being sold with Tello + T1D. Don't do it!

T1D cannot be used for anything else and inferior to T1S even for controlling the Tello drone.

As for T1D, I really like it except the feel of the right trigger and how light it is compared to my phone. I am also starting to use it for PC gaming and it's a whole new experience for me.

Sorry but I disagree
I have T1D connected with Bluetooth and don't see the lag that you described...
I use it regularly with no issue at all

Inviato dal mio ZFlip utilizzando Tapatalk

I guess experiences may vary, is there anything special you do with it? Wifi extender, Gamesir firmware , etc.?

Certainly a wired otg controller significantly reduces video delays, but on some devices the gamesir T1d manages to perform much better than other smartphones. it is essential to have a wifi extender for the tello and with the addition of a parabolic reflector I managed to get a good video at that distance and I could go further ....

Last edited:
Nothing special.. with and without Mi WiFi extender I get good result with it..
I always use it .. and I found it very useful (personally don't like to control Tello with smartphone touch screen commands.. I prefer physical sticks)

I prefer physical sticks as well. I guess maybe I had lemon T1D controller?

By the way do you use Android or Iphone? Also, the version? I use Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 7.

Android. .. used with many Samsung device.. Note10/S10/Zflip...
All working perfectly

Android. .. used with many Samsung device.. Note10/S10/Zflip...
All working perfectly

I see,

have you tried a controller with OTG cable for comparison. Maybe latency is less noticeable and shorter with your setup than mine but OTG should always be at least slightly faster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv