Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamestr 1d connected to Tello but cannot control

Pickle

Reaction score
I can connect controller to iPhone 5 (Virtual sticks go away on Tello app)but am not able to control the Tello with the controller. Does it have anything to do with the old iPhone? Any help would be appreciated.

BW

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Tello Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Tello quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!

You will need at least an iPhone 5+. The chip in the iPhone 5 just wont cut it.

Supported devices for the Tello...

iOS
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

Android
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7,Samsung S6 edge,Samsung S5,Samsung Galaxy note 4,Samsung Galaxy note 3,Huawei Honor 8,Huawei Honor 9,Huawei P8 Max,Huawei P10,Huawei Honor V8,Huawei P9,Huawei nova2,Xiaomi 6,Xiaomi Note3,Redmi 4A,OnePlus5,vivoX6,Google Pixel1 XL,Google Pixel2

Welcome to our forum .Hope you find all the resources you seek and look forward
to any photos or videos you might post .
Any issues just ask.
Enjoy (y)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Tello Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Tello quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!

You will need at least an iPhone 5+. The chip in the iPhone 5 just wont cut it.

Supported devices for the Tello...

iOS
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

Android
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7,Samsung S6 edge,Samsung S5,Samsung Galaxy note 4,Samsung Galaxy note 3,Huawei Honor 8,Huawei Honor 9,Huawei P8 Max,Huawei P10,Huawei Honor V8,Huawei P9,Huawei nova2,Xiaomi 6,Xiaomi Note3,Redmi 4A,OnePlus5,vivoX6,Google Pixel1 XL,Google Pixel2

Thanks TJ for the quick reponse. I checked my phone , it is a 5s and the iOS is 11.4.1. Still not sure why I can't fly with the controller.

Thanks , Billy

I am able to fly with the virtual joysticks when not using the controller so the props can't be on the wrong shaft. Do I need to launch the quad from the controller in order to fly it with the controller? My neighbor has a new iPad Air ; I will try it with that later today to see if the device is an issue.

Thanks, Billy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv