Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

get tello log file to find relative position

giu_128

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to find relative position of Tello and I read that i can get it from the log file, but i'm not using app to control the drones but doing it from Python code. There is any way to get the file from code?

I'd like to know, too.

In the status information, there are entries for x,y,z. But they refer to a position relative to the mission pads of the Tello EDU.
There are entries for the speed and acceleration in the three dimensions, so you would need to integrate them in order to get the distance.
I did not try this yet.

Yes I read this too, but I'm not using the mission pads, so unfortunately let's go back to the starting point

I parsed the state string and put the values of speed and acceleration into a spreadsheet.
If the timing and my parsing is ok, then it looks like this (see picture).

I took one reading every second.
The first column shows the time, then come the speed and acceleration values. The last column shows the latest command I gave, so I see what Tello is doing in this moment.
I flew forward and back in one session, left and right in the second session, always with the default speed which is 100cm/s (i.e. I did not set the speed). I did not turn, so Tello always looked in the same direction.
Do the speed values make some kind of sense?

Positive values when I fly forward or right, negative when flying left or backwards.
The manual does not show in which unit they are given.
It took about 3 seconds to fly 1 meter. So the average speed ist about 30 cm/s.
It might be dm/s (1 dm = 10 cm for everybody who is not familiar with decimals).
And they are given in integer format which makes it at least very inaccurate.

So it does not look really useful for navigation.

Attachments

• vg_xy.jpg
    vg_xy.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv