Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Got my (my sons) Tello, We are flying but have had problems.

monchan

Reaction score
Well got the tello in a kit yesterday, case, 3 batteries, 3 battery charger and a gamesir pad.

I had installed the tello app from the Google play store, phone restart, I connected the tello to Wi-fi all seemed good. My phone connected right away,
started the app. and I get nothing. the battery indicator is red the tello is flashing yellow?? Search the net, turn on airplane mode nothing.
So then I deleted the app. And used the QR code from the instructions. The link seemed different (same app) but it asked for many different permissions. which the play store app did not. Same thing red battery indicator, yellow flashing lights on tello. Again restart phone and it fired up, great. at this stage I am only using the phone. working perfectly video, photos working a treat. sometimes though I have to hold the power button on the tello to get a green light. At this stage I am happy. My phone WORKS. and the controls are easier than I thought they would be.

So I come to the gamesir pad t1d. This too would not work, but after a long while of trying this and that it started to work. I can`t say what I did
that actually made it work. So I was stoked it seemed to work really well.

But then the tello would just stop and hover in mid air, gamesir becomes completely unresponsive. I turn the power off the t1d and my phone takes control again. (perfectly) turn the t1d back on and re-connect and it works great for a few minutes and the same thing, connection seems good and can`t control the tello. Any Ideas.

So for now I am happy using my phone, but my boy is not. I am happy that even though my phone does not appear on any supported list
it works great, no lag to my eyes. My phone is an asus go (Japan) I think thats the same as Asus 5? I will keep trying though.

There are many issues with the Gamesir T1D connecting. If you have it paired to the phone, un-pair it. This worked for me but still have issues and it takes a few tries to connect occasionally. You might try the Tello FPV app. Well worth the money just for the features but it works really well with the GamsirT1D. There is a Demo version you can try to make sure it does what you want before you buy. Just look for it in the Playstore

Reactions: mark74 and monchan
You might also try the aTelloPilot app as an alternative to the Tello app. It's available for Andoid phones for $4.99. It has none of the glitches a lot of people have had with the Tello app. I use it with a Gamesir T1 with a cable connection. Eliminates the video lag issues. Good luck!

Reactions: monchan
There are many issues with the Gamesir T1D connecting. If you have it paired to the phone, un-pair it. This worked for me but still have issues and it takes a few tries to connect occasionally. You might try the Tello FPV app. Well worth the money just for the features but it works really well with the GamsirT1D. There is a Demo version you can try to make sure it does what you want before you buy. Just look for it in the Playstore

Seemed to do the trick. Used the demo version, flew for a whole battery had no issues with the controller that I could tell.
So think I might go ahead with one of the apps mentioned above.

I bought the tello for my boy, so I am a little dissappointed that he cant just go and use without me. Connecting it is a little
above him. But it sure is a fun drone. And we had a ball, learning how to fly it together, teaching him how to use my phone
was interesting too. But its great, to do something that we both enjoy. (myself rather unexpectedly)

Thanks for the replies and getting me sorted.

You are welcome! One of the main reasons volate!lo created the Tellofpv app was for teaching new users how to fly. The master/ student mode is great for this. You can set the phone or the controller as master and it will override the student control temporarily. Great to save your son if he gets into trouble. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv